QR2 lite vs QR2

So ordered the BMW GT2 wheel.

Other wheels I’ve bought are the McLaren GT3 wheel and the WRC wheel which are paired with the QR2 lite.

i had to opt for the QR2 for the BMW wheel as it’s not compatible with QR2 lite.

I’ve been super impressed with the QR2 lite so far, zero flex and it fits super snug but my question is, can I expect the QR2 to be a big step up?

does anyone on here own both and is there a noticeable difference?

Comments

• DramaEnjoyerDramaEnjoyer Member
    edited January 13

Reviews suggest the lite is very comparable to the metal QR2, with the main benefit of going to the metal one being unlocking over 8Nm on wheel bases that can achieve that.

• I personally would not trust the QR2 lite.

They look as cheap as the QR1 lites and those give out after a year or so of driving/swapping. I’ve gone through 4… I would just save for the metal versions.

i really don’t think fanatec really designed them to last. Just to work “good enough”.

• Liam GannonLiam Gannon Member
    edited January 14

How have you broken 4 QR1 lites? From what I’ve read the QR2 lite is much stronger.

my GF actually knocked my McLaren GT3 wheel from my desk and it landed on the QR2 lite part when it hit the floor and no damage occurred which i was surprised about. It’s not made from cheap plastic as is quite strong.

• Actually yea. From use. But not from force. Showing they aren’t made to last by use.

They can be as strong as they want but when the mechanisms wear from normal use it doesn’t matter.

There have been several reviewers who also said they wouldn’t recommend them because of how weak they feel. Some even said during the 3-4 week testing period they felt it flexing and already starting to give out. Telling me they’re probably not much better than the QR1 lites as far as longevity and quality. It’s just a “stronger design” with weak materials

• QR2 lite is made from carbon fibre, not plastic.

Got a link to any of the reviewers who experienced flex on them?

• CFRP, same as Airbus A350s or Titan submersible. One was a better application of the material than the other!