Mclaren Wheel Order

Hello people, I would like to order the Mclaren steering wheel, the problem is that the QR lite is not available. My question is can I also buy the steering wheel without the QR lite. Maybe someone can tell me something about it

Comments

• no you MUST always buy it with a QR system. I would not use the MC Laren Wheel with a qr lite, der QE Metal is the better option. if you keep in mind that the metal QR1 is now 50% cheaper it will the better option in a long view

• I mean that the QR LITE is currently not available, it won't be available again until March. but the Mclaren steering wheel is available. Will I get the steering wheel delivered without QR LITE?

• On the Australian store for the product page of the McLaren GT3 V2 it states: "If you select the QR1 Wheel-Side (ClubSport Quick Release Adapter) with this product, the QR1 Lite Wheel-Side will not be included."

So if you add to cart you'll be given the option to choose the QR adapter you want, and you won't then get the one that's "free" with the wheel. So you should be able to order it without having to wait for the QR Lite to come back in stock.

The downside being that you won't get the adapter that comes free, and there's seemingly no discount offered to cover the difference. Not such a big deal with a QR1 Lite but with other wheels there's some resale value you could potentially recoup when the bundled QR was something of higher quality.

Hope this helps.

• No, you cannot complete the transaction if you do not select a QR to match the steering wheel.

• No...I ordered the CSL DD, Mclaren wheel, Elite pedals on January 4th and they still haven't shipped it to me because the QR2 is missing.

• Thank you guys. I wrote a message to Maurice. don't want to have to wait until March

• Kevin McPakeKevin McPake Member
    edited January 15

I have a spare qr1 lite as im using qr2. Its due for delivery this week. @Stefan Hinz 

you don't have to select the QR lite to order wheel, as you can see in screen shots

• thanks for the reply. are you 100% sure that you can get this without QR LITE

• I did not understand the question. You can only buy it with ONE QR. Any one, the free QR1 lite one, or a paid one, but not WITHOUT QR.

So YES, choose any QR for €50, 60, 100 or €200 more and you can buy it, or NO, you cannot buy it for €200 if free QR is finished.