DD+ need bundle for get approvement by Sony

In fact, all devices with PlayStation support need to be ready to use from scratch. That mean you need base + rim + pedals. We saw this bundle with csl DD pro, the bundle with podium has only rim, but I think that rules was changed and podium with PlayStation support not available now.

What does it mean? Fanatec must start to create this bundle and sell it. After few months Sony allow sell when base separately.

Comments

• Makes sense to me. But we had GT DD Pro before so Fanatec was surely aware of this protocol... or aren't they?

So now we have to wait for Fanatec to officially announce DD Extreme and a pedal set then put them into one "ready2race" bundle, and wait for another 3-6 months for the base to be sold separately given their struggle with warehouses and international cargo transit amidst Suez Canal conflict.

Not that I want to act like a drama queen but the way Fanatec handled the situation and little communication is really really nasty.

• The truth is that the point you mention is really interesting. Personally, I don't know if it has much to do with it since you can buy the DD Pro separately. If I understood correctly what you're saying, until Fanatec creates a bundle of base + wheel + pedals, they won't obtain the license, right?

• unless they still don't have DD+ in their regional warehouse, it's hard for me to believe that they refuse to release the bundle under this situation.

• If Sonny doesn’t give green light to sell it, can’t fanatec sell it we have to wait how unfortunately it is, I would rather have the base in my house and play with it but guys they already sent us 2 mails about the DD+

I see a lot of negative comments about Fanatec but I believe in them sometimes you have hard times like in life so guys just have a little bit more patient and i believe that you all don’t gonna regret if you have it

• man. it's been nearly 4 months since they open the pre-order for dd+ and it's been a month after they postpone the DD+ delivery. 2 mails is just not enough.

• Yes I am also waiting like every human being that order the DD+ just grow up and wait for it!

If you read your order very well you would have noticed that by the paying page a pop up that comes that the DD+ not is approved yet but yeah you don’t see someone talking about that just only negative things

• Maurice — if I'm right, you are Fanatec employee. And that first reaction from you in this forum in topics about DD+ delivery date. You just say — that my hipotizes is incorrect. But after all lies from official Fanatec we haven't reason to trust by one word.

Maybe you afraid, that real date to delivery DD+ as single base will delay by several month. And we all undersand — that mean high percentage of order cancel. But Fanatec do nothing for damage control of reputation.

• Only speculations mate! If you don’t work there you can’t say if they are lying or not, if you don’t trust a company don’t order something from them then I’m just saying, i don’t get it we get 2 updates mails from Fanatec they explain in it why it is delayed what do you whant that they gonna send now a new mail to say that Sony doesn’t have approved yet ?

I can’t really wait to race with it but the only thing that we can do is just wait patient and let Fanatec handle this.

• i got to say you have high tolerance with Fanatec but so impatient with my comment.

and basically you can accept that a company that sells goods hold your money for 4 months without giving you anything but 2 mails.

btw, i don't know when you order dd+. Because when I placed mine on 11/24, they told me that they already got the license on their website.

• Es ist nachvollziehbar, dass diese Annahme Falsch ist. Denn wenn Sony ein Lenkrad wie auch Pedale als Grundvoraussetzung in den Verträgen verankert hätte, dann wäre die Basis gar nicht erst als einzelkauf Option im Shop aufgetaucht.

Ich kann aber auch die Spekulationen dahingehend verstehen.

Denn bisher musste jede PS Base zum Start als Bundle veröffentlicht werden.

Ich begrüße diese Entscheidung von Sony sehr.

Obwohl wir alle sehr auf den Release der neuen Base warten, so sehr würden wir uns aber auch ein "kleines" Update zur aktuellen Situation freuen.

Ich glaube, der Großteil aller Vorbesteller Verständnis für die Aktuelle Wartezeit der DD+ hat. Dennoch wäre so ein kleiner happen an Information einfach klasse. Selbst wenn diese Information uns nur sagt: Weiter Warten.

Denn zur Zeit sind laut Shop die Verfügbarkeitstage abgelaufen und wir sitzen suchtmäßig vor dem Bildschirm und sind die F5 Taste am Zerstören, in der Hoffnung das sich eine neue Information finden lässt.

Ich weiß, wir sind alle Erwachsen und sollten noch etwas Ruhiger mit der Situation umgehen. Doch sind wir nun mal nur Große "Spielkinder" und wollen unser neues Spielzeug in den Händen halten.

Also bitte Fanatec, gib Papa was zum Spielen 😉

• How i understand it they have the license but not the aproval to send out, why not i dont know. If this is the true I also dont know, but we cant do anything else, as wait or cancel order.

• even a frequent small update would be much better than now.

• Where did you get the information that they have a license but not permission to ship? I had the opportunity to ask a very famous simracing streamer in my country who has direct contact with Fanatec (he has had the DD+ at home for a month but with the typical embargo from the brands in which he can't talk or show anything), and although he can't say anything, he let me know that we will know news soon, I don't know if good or bad because I have read that the release could be canceled.

• @Smail Laib — I'm old fanatec user. Was preorder QR2 and got it in several days. Preorder DD+ on 04 of November and cancel older on 15 of january.

Yes, that my speculation and I'm really disappointment why they don't talk with us. I'm was really loyal client and haven't any issue with my devices.

• i dont have any information, it is how i understand the last mail from Fanatec. And i cant believe that fanatec will make production without the proof of licens. Also i cant belive that Sony goes Ok that Fanatec write in their shop official licensed for PS5 when they dont have it, so i guees they have the proof of licens but i also Think that Sony now check the final product before they give their OK to ship out, i read something about security of Software if this is right i dont know.

Yes thats right, i also wait on a little update, for me Fanatec have to come out every week how it goes forward.

• Hello all. :)

I’m guessing the end of February. (Hoping for a sooner date).

If you preorder it now, it says 26.Feb.

That makes sense to me. Sony updates Gran Turismo 7 in the end of the Month.

I’m not letting all the bad comments I read get to me. I knew this was a preorder. And I knew they are working on getting everything together.

I can also understand that they can’t answer all the emails. I’m thinking they have received a few thousand.

I’m not canceling, and hope I’m with the first batch that gets shipped of.

:)

• though i think the original post is going on nothing more than a guess, this does make a bit sense when you look at the history of the PS compatible wheels. Also, there is a video of Super GT where he tests a Fanatec "top secret wheel" (video link here). There are rumors of a new GT Pro wheel from Fanatec which could be what Super GT is talking about (see Reddit link). I've thought something similar that they would come up with a bundle shortly after they release the standalone wheel base, which would make not happy considering all of the delays.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/1887ns7/fanatec_3_new_products_announced_shortly/

• Unfortunately, my fears were confirmed...