Goodbye Fanatec, I never got to know ya

That's it. I'm done being optimistic about Fanatec. As I've said before, beautiful hardware, but if I cannot put my hands on any of it, it's pretty much as worthless to me as titties on a bullfrog. I ordered a decent mid-level setup, the popular gt dd pro 8nm model with related accessories with a $1200+ price tag and was hopeful that Fanatec had resolved the worst of their issues and was back on track, but my hopes were obviously misplaced because the last 3 weeks of unanswered phone calls, unread Emails, and ignored messages from both Fanatec and FedEx Ground Service. They finally sent an email admitting they lost the package, then put the responsibility of contacting Fanatec on me! In the meantime, I ordered a replacement setup with the exact same products and included $120 for Overnight Air. I placed that order yesterday. Of course, it has not been processed yet, and it's almost end of day on a Friday night. Like all businesses these days it seems, Fanatec has made much more effort into avoiding customer contact than serving it's customers and I ain't having it. I'm too old and too grumpy. And Fanatec is not at all the only game in town. So whatcha gonna do Fanatec? Will I see that my order was in fact processed and put on a plane today ...or no? tick tock my friends; the clock is ticking.

Comments

• Do you realize that this is exactly Fanatec's strength?

1. You say the product is great, but you've never actually tried it.

2. You spent $1200, and the company didn't respond for 3 weeks.

3. Your products are lost, and you don't get a refund or new products because the company doesn't respond.

Now with this background, anyone would have thought that the company doesn't exist, is a scam, or just hugely incompetent. A lawyer or the police would have been the next move.

Instead, what does the ideal Fanatec customer do?

Buy the same products again for $1200 and add $120 for fast shipping.

And finally the threat, comic book villain style. Tic Toc Fanatec, I will continue to pay you $1200 until you ship the products to me! 🤔🤔🤔

Sorry, I'm not mad at you personally, but it seems to me that people have gone crazy. Clearly you have (indeed we have) enough money to spend, which is good, but you should have respect for money, and be responsible when you spend it.

• You know who IS responsive to their customers though? PayPal is great - and that's from personal experience, not the popular online opinion like Fanatec. Refunds/clawbacks/whatever for all Fanatec purchases now credited back to my PayPal account, the 2-3 items FedEx has tried delivering are on their way back to Fanatec, and money? Still no respect for money. Easy come, easy go. I hate the shit, makes people crazy. This is all about doing what you say you're going to do, treating people fairly, and I suppose a lament to the good ol days, before internet, sim racing, and $10/pack cigarettes.

Now where's my teeth? I'm heading down to the VFW for a drink with the boys. Kids these days, Goddamn... Get off my lawn! Hippies!! Left-wing Commie Democrats!

Grumble grumble, cuss, complain......