CLS DD suddenly not working in games ?!

I have a CSL DD and have been using it in PC mode (red led) without problems for the last few weeks.

Yesterday I played a bit of AMS2 in the afternoon, then had to stop for dinner, went on to play some more after dinner, only to find my wheel/pedals unresponsive / unrecognized in all my games (AMS2, ACC, Forza5, Wreckfest)

In the Fanatec Control Panel everything looks ok, inputs are shown, ffb and display tests work.

But in-game I can't get it to work anymore, and I've got no clue on how to fix it.

I've tried all the suggested fixed I could find but none work, What I've tried to fix it:

• Repair Fanatec software
  • Uninstall/reinstall Fanatec software (455, also tried 454)
  • Update firmware manually (all up to date)
  • Verified game integrity in Steam
  • Reinstalled games
  • Used another USB port (Port directly on motherboard, connected without any usb extenders/hubs)
  • Switched to Comp mode CSW V2.5, same issue there.

But all to no avail, none of the games 'see' the wheel/pedals and none of them allow me to bind the controls.

Help!

Comments

• William OtisWilliam Otis Member
    edited January 20

oops. Didnt read all the post.

• Uninstall/reinstall Fanatec software 451

Update firmware manually

Try that. Good Luck

• Thanks for the reply :)

Tried that just now, installed driver 451 and manually downgraded all the firmware:

But unfortunately, still the same issue, the wheel, pedals & buttons don't work in game, I cannot assign any buttons. Same in both PC and Compatibility mode.

• I don't know if you've tried, you should have 2 types of USB ports on your PC, the rear ones and the front ones, which are generally slower. They should belong to 2 separate controllers. Try using the other type of ports.

Another option, check in Windows device manager that your steering wheel is not disabled.

Third option, download a little program called UsbDeview and uninstall all Fanatec USB devices stored on the PC. Don't worry, steering wheel will be immediately recognized again, but you will erase all previous traces of them in the Windows registry, as if you had connected them for the first time.

• Done, done and done, all those options I already found and tried in my quest to get this fixed today. None of them worked.

But I just found the fix for at least AMS2 and it turns out to be something stupidly simple..

Right click AMS2 in Steam, go to Properties, General and disable the Steam overlay and on the Controller page disable Steam Input. I suppose this will work for ACC and the my games too (not tested yet, first I want to finally drive!)

Thanks for thinking along Alessandro :)

• That should not be enabled. Thank you for sharing. In fact, I had looked at those Steam options with interest in the past, but they didn't work as I thought.

• Friends, here is how I fix my issues.

First, uninstall the new Driver and turn off the wheelbase. After that, disconnect the wheelbase from the USB PC and disconnect the power to the Base (DD1). Next, restart the PC. Then, connect the base to power and connect the base to a different USB port on the PC. For all my games, AC, ACC, and F1, I Turn off Steam "Controller" inputs/disable Steam inputs. After that, install the old Driver (454) and restart the PC.

1. Uninstall the new Driver.

2. Turn off the wheelbase.

3. Disconnect the wheelbase from the USB port on the PC.

4. Disconnect the power to the base (DD1).

5. Restart the PC.

6. Connect the base to power.

7. Connect the base to a different USB port on the PC.

8. Turn off Steam "Controller" inputs/ disable 

9. Install the old Driver (454).

10. Restart the PC.

During the reinstallation, Windows 11 detected some issues with the Fanatec driver, but it was able to fix them automatically. Now everything is working fine. Still, I'm using the old Driver. 

I hope this helps.