DD1 WQR Error

I purchased a used DD1 knowing it was having connection issues figuring it would probably be a pretty easy fix. That being said I am wondering what to. I have tried flashing firmware from driver v366 and that seems to bring the wheel base back to life aside from the quick release...it will not detect a wheel being plugged in or anything. Also if I try to update the firmware I get errors again with the WQR...any help will be appreciated.i did put in a ticket with fanatec but im not sure how willing they will be to help me..

If i just replace the Quick Release on the base would it possibly fix the issue? Or where is the module.

Comments

• Update WQR without a wheel attached.

• I do not have a wheel attached and the WQR reads its on FW 0 also the motor reads its on Firmware 3 and won't go any higher..the wheelbase itself is on the latest firmware

• Symptoms are the base boots up for a few seconds and then OLED panel goes black. (boot loader still works to try different FW) I tried all the posted remedies including loading 336 driver which allows the base to boot up and connect to PC / fanatec control panel but does not connect to the wheel.

All other drivers I tried get the the WQR error: Wireless Quick Released Update Mode: Connect Device failed (Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.)

I seen a reddit post where Fanatec wanted $962 to send out a refurbished unit as a replacement...I'm hoping I do not have to do that route because I am already a good chunk of change into this...and technically I can just keep using my csl dd

• I have the same issue after updating to the latest firmware. Sent it in Friday and will let you know the quote. Out of warranty here :(

• Great, no one has responded to my request yet, as I understand they are busy but yea let me know.

• I had same issue, had to send it back for repair...

• Been almost a week since I sent an email requesting supprt..in the mean time I'm going to try and merge a dd1 rear io plate with a dd2 motor and everything...i just want to see if that one is good on firmware and works...if so I'll update drivers but never firmware just to keep it working...I'm not sure fanatec will ever fix this issue but I'm hopeful I can replace my CSL DD with something arguably better.. if not I'll keep my csl dd until it dies and then switch to simucube or something similar

• So far just canned message from Fanatec...no support really... tried the dd2 motor but seems the firmware is held on the main board which is where everything connects...tried finding a main board but seems to be a failure...

• I do not remember Fanatec being this terrible before, I remember talking to them and getting responses almost within an hour a couple of years ago when i needed a replacement motor for a CSW i had purchased...now its crickets...sad i just want to see what options are available for this wheelbase, If any.