QR1 Lite, I think mine is about the shit the bed

I've posted here before about my QR1 Lite slipping and like many others, I've done the tape thing to fix it. Howeever I think that's it, I think this QR is going to die.

Tape makes no difference now, it's slipping on the shaft when turning rapidly and worse of all? It's creaking hella bad, it feels like if I correct the car rapidly the rim is going to slip on the wheelbase shaft.

I've sent Fanatec a support ticket but I suspect I will just be ignored.

Anyone had a similar problem and managed to solve it? I'm not giving them anymore money.

Comments

• edited January 23

Hi

I used a QR1 in the past and mine slipped also.

I solved the problem by using 2 rolls of insulating tape (1 is more than enough, but I used 2 anyway). 1 roll was 10 meters or 33 feet, so I used 20 meters. Tape all parts of the connection between the base and the wheel, so between the clamp of the wheel base and the screws of the wheel. The connection becomes very rigid. I used some break cleaner to clean the parts. And use insulating tape which is somewhat flexible, not that hard stuff. And when taping keep some tension on the tape. Very cheap, very effective.

Regards

Richard

• I've been using tape, however it's not making a difference anymore. It works for a handful of corners before it starts to slip, and like I said, it's creaking really badly now as if it's going to snap.

I'm stil within the window to go through the process of getting a refund/replacement entirely but before I go through all the hassle, I am wondering if anyone has had their slightly clunk develop into what sounds like cracking plastic...

• I have seen pictures of cracked QR1 lights indeed. QR1 lights are too light. You could order a new one and than tape after installing. Then it will be allright. Or buy the metal QR1. Your QR1 is dying or dead already.

• Yeah it's not even 6 months old, ain't no way I'm buying a new QR lol. For reference, I've logged a total of 95 hours in AC in < 6 months, of which some of that was from when I owned a G29. So it's not only new-ish, it's not exactly had a hard life.

I'll just give Fanatec a week, see if they get back. I'll update here. I don't intend to front the cost of replacements or repairs so if they aren't willing to resolve it, or they just plain ignore me, I'll just go through the hassle of filing a complain with the credit card company.