The new YouTube video......

The thing that jumps out to me in this video is the attitude of poor us, you should feel sorry for us. Everybody is working against us.

Why take full payment? It's just how our website works. (Change the website)

Do you have anything to say about the people who have gone to another brand? They won't be watching this anyway.

The DD+ delay...... It's all Sony's fault. We have them ready to ship. (Someone should let Sony know fanatec are blaming their failure on them)

Black Friday orders? The computer got it wrong we didn't. We did everything correct

Would you do the DD+ release again but differently if you had known how it would go? No we were correct with everything.

Order delivery dates? My personal DD+ was with me 3 weeks ago apparently 🤣

The long and short is he took NO RESPONSIBILITY at all and Kireth let him get away with bullshit smile and mirrors. Seemed more interested in dating a child if times that he isn't an affiliate.......

Comments

• I listened to it; sounded pretty reasonable to me. People got their 25% discount, and Black Friday orders were kept even though they oversold (including discontinued items). Fanatec lost a good sum of money making it right. As far as the DD+, people knew it was a pre-order and if they bothered to read, also knew it was subject to Sony approval.

• How does any of that sound reasonable? This isn't 1980 where you clip something out of the back of a magazine, and send it in knowing it takes 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. I placed an order on 1/18 for items that were listed as in stock without knowing any of this BS was going on. There was a small warning message about them doing inventory with dates that didn't apply to me so I proceeded with the order. Here I am almost 3 weeks later, they have a lot of my money and I can't even get a response from them through email. If they gave a crap there would be a big banner on their landing page or at checkout warning people of huge shipping delays but instead, you need to dig down to the shipping and delivery page to be told anything about delays around holidays which didn't apply to me. As a thank you for people who don't cancel their orders, they should be throwing them a free upgraded quick release or something as a thank you. Instead, they keep taking money from people and delivering nothing in what would be considered a reasonable time by today's standards. It's almost like they need the money to buy inventory.

• I too ordered a qr2 on the 18th, which I received on the 26th, so I'm not sure why you haven't received yours yet.

E-mail at this point, is going to take a while to get a response. He said they were essentially overwhelmed by it, and when you have people spamming it because they haven't received a response, it just makes it that much worse.

They have two inventory apps which are supposed to update together, but when it malfunctioned, they ended up selling what they didn't have. This included the dd2, which to my understanding is being discontinued. My understanding also is they are going to make good the phantom orders on the dd2, which is going to cut into their profitability.

They made mistakes, but I feel their biggest mistake was the lack of communication.

• This isn't a one off, fanatec was having these issue from well prior to BF deals last year. The company is just a basket case being run by a smug leader who passes the buck on every issue that arises. Has for a long time now. They have had long enough to remedy these situations but they just don't care about their customers. I have been in fanatec gear for a number of years, like the gear and had no issues personally and have pumped a significant amount of coin into them but am so disgusted with their attitude and operations that I think I am going to sell it all off and get into gear where they actually value the customer. I have no confidence that future hardware I was to buy would get timely support.

Their public attitude is appalling, never seen it anywhere else in all my years.

• I believe the video is really interesting and obviously, their responses are thought out from a marketing perspective rather than absolute transparency. I don't doubt that this YouTuber (whom I didn't know) tried to seek complete sincerity from the Fanatec CEO, but it would be absurd to consider that the responses were made to compromise the brand. Yes, it's true that they take some blame; if your computer system fails, you fail. I think Fanatec has been severely affected by the change of storage along with problems in the Suez Canal, plus the Sony license issue, and of course, poor management. I understand that a company that always tries to deliver the benefits it promises to investors would prefer to tighten up a bit before hiring hundreds of people for a couple of months and reducing profits. Either way, I believe I'll soon have my DD+ at home, and that's always a positive.

• If what he says is true the DD+ should be rolling out today.

• what me bothers that he talks about better customer service, but if you sell good product and fast , you not need that.

so i have feeling that CEO is focusing little wrong thing.

• Die Aussage bezit sich auf die erste Februar Hälfte.

Die Lizens ist da aber diese enthält die Freigabe bis Mitte Februar.

Also ein klein wenig Geduld noch.

Dann können wir unsere DD+ endlich auf unseren Rig montieren.

• Marcel JeskeMarcel Jeske Member
    edited February 5

I‘m not judging the content of this video but I don’t understand why Fanatec chose all of YouTube channels ‚Mr. clickbait‘ Kireth for this video…

Fanatec should have chosen a more serious, less speculative, less craving for sensation channel. Maybe the video would have left less room for speculation and (negative) emotions by customers

• Kevin DohertyKevin Doherty Member
    edited February 5

100%, lack of communication is their issue and it still is which tells me they/the CEO doesn't really give a crap. They did a video full of excuses, who cares, there's still no warning to potential new customers of shipping delays. As a consumer their system issues are not my concern, how they solve it and make things right is. As even more proof they're doing nothing to fix this here's the canned response you get asking for an update on your order, "On average, we require between 1 to 3 business days to dispatch your order."

• For the record boosted media is also flying out to meet him to quiz him on what's gone wrong. Will has said he is going to be much more specific with his questioning.

• Now that’s a channel to be taken serious! Awesome! Looking forward to it.

But it should be expected questions and answers are pre-spoken as it‘s common for interviews

• Anyone who has followed this forum knows very well that in mid-November, i.e. before the start of Black Friday, customer service was already responding in 2-4 weeks, and that chat and telephone had already been closed since the beginning of September.

This interview doesn't answer the real question, which is, why did you do this when we all knew it would be a disaster, when your company was already a disaster. I don't think there will ever be an answer, let alone an apology.

• The answer too “are you sorry too your customers” should have been an unreserved yes . For Thomas to say “honestly I am sorry for both sides” then continue bleating about poor Fanatec is revealing. He blames warehousing ((your ceo sort it out) he blames Black Friday computer glitch (your ceo don’t launch awesome bf deals when you have warehouse issues)he blames Sony But your ceo you botched the launch and your company has history. Who do you blame for that? Well a narcissist never takes the blame he said he wouldn’t change the cs dd+ launch

I pre ordered dd+ then found out about all the problems (facepalm moment) Now it seems there’s ps gt extreme wheel that has been kept secret and will only be available in a bundle with the base (face palm again) so now I want to cancel but I don’t want to deal with the inevitable rma issues if I reorder the gt bundle when eventually available. Sony please give your license to other sim racing company’s who are now on the scene

best wishes to all involved even you thomass

• Can’t login to my account anymore that’s suspicious

• Frank TschepeFrank Tschepe Member
    edited February 7

lol do you mean thomas had blocked your account now. i hope sony will never give the license to moza. this company fail to bring their laughable weak 3,9 nm base to xbox. maybe to much spy hardware inside the base🤣...it must have reasons why they get no final go.

• You seem to have executed one to many facepalms…might have damaged something up there.