Weak FFB with DD+

Hi evrybody

yesterday evening when i came back from work i start my PS5 and at first i try the new Time Trial and have a weak FFB, i dont think anytheing about cause it was a new car and i thought ok this car dont have strong FFB Efects, then i switch to my AMG GT3 to drive a test race and the same issue very weak FFB, i thought ok GT7 have an update and they change something, then start ACC and the same Problem, so switch back to GT7 and test with the wheel base settings first set the FFB from 80 to 100 and no big cahnge then try the other options but no big change, then i increase the Ingema FFB from 3 to 10 and i have to heavy FFB then set to 6 and it was nearly the same as before on 3 but now i have clippiung from the game.

Have some one else the same problems and could it be an hardware problem with my dd+

Comments

• Marcel JeskeMarcel Jeske Member
    edited March 1

For GT7 I have my DD+ FFB 100, FEI 80 (or more). GT7 ingame settings FFB Max Torque 2 and Sensitivity 10.

This gives me a strong and detailed feeling for the car.

Other settings that are not 100%:

NPD 20

INT 4

This gives me a good feeling for the tyres.

• I have the whole time my settings and all was good until yesterday evening, i dont change anything on the settings, but it was weak. on Wednesday i played all was normal then turn off the wheel and PS5 and yesterday evening turn on and have weak FFB without any change of settuings first i checked if iam not in the profille from my kids, after that checked if my kids changed something in my proffile but all was how i played now since round 2 weeks. When i had the Problems from beginning i would not supposed but it came from now of yet that i loose the FFB and dont get any details. Only how i get the FFB strenght back is to set ingame Torque higher normal i use for GR.3 cars 3 for gr. 4 cars 4 and for street cars 5. But now i have to set with Gr. 3 cars at minimum 5 to get good torque but with not much details and clipping in corners.

I hope that this is only a software problem and not hardware.

SEN: Auto

FFB: 80

NDP: 35

NFR: 3

NIN: 3

INT: 3

FOR: 90

SPR: 120

DPR: 100

I check your settings later and give feedback if i can get back the torque and details.

• I connected now to my laptop and the fanatec controll panel say only 13.5 nm at 100% can that be the problem and their are some problems with the software or hardware.

• 13.5 Nm is weird.

What driver/ firmware is installed? I‘m on 455 and will skip 456 because 455 works for me and 456 has no benefits/ solutions for issues I have. Plus people are reporting weird issues with 456.

• Do you have another wheel? Is McLaren wheel able to handle this amount of torque? What QR so you use and is it correctly attached? Somewhere in this Forum it was mentioned that when switching QR have to make sure the pins have correct length. All except one should have same length. One should be shorter.

• No i only have the Mclaren wheel, but when the pin for the limit is set why not from beginning and why the app say 13.5, then it would linited to 8nm. I have the QR2 installed so normal no limit.

• True.

Maybe you should post this issue in driver thread. Usually one of the technical experts of Fanatec Maurice Böschen or Marcel Pfitzer can tell if it‘s a software/ driver/ firmware issue and if it‘s already known and if there‘s a fix or it‘s going to be fixed with next update. They also could tell if it‘s hardware related and you need to send it back

• OK will post their also, i allready open a ticket but we all know how long is response time, so i thought ask here maybe some other have the same problem and a solution.

• As Maurice stated in other post, change your setting "FOR=90" to 100 and your total will increase the FFB to 15Nm.

Both FFB and FOR setting affect overall FFB Total.

• Post gt7 nerf on the ddx/dd+ i find that having ndp above 10 steps on wheel feels. I find that

100 on everything else(for,ffb, etc) and 6/7 in game with

ndp 10

nfr 1

nin 1

int 4

are as close as i can get to pre patch load weight and grip details. Not 100% but close.