Clubsport DD 12nm possible bricking reason ?

Don't try to turn off the base ( pressing down the power button ) while its booting up.

I believe that is the reason why some costumers are experiencing this bricking issue with Clubsport DD and possibly DD+ ( i own only Clubsport DD 12nm ), where it seems that after doing such sequence the base's power light doesn't turn on and it just doesn't work even though it did five minutes ago. Might have been an accident, but i don't believe this is a user's fault as there is no such warning in the quick guide/user manual paper with the base or anywhere i have searched for.

Now if some brave costumer want's to try it out, do it at your own risk (but please post results though :D). I just wanted to inform.

Comments

• if that is true then its very nasty bug at somewhere firmware

• This is not true.

Was already tested internally on several bases when the rumour came up and it could not be reproduced at all so it's not a general Firmware issue and also not a general hardware issue, more likely a rare hardware issue of some few specific units.

• in the end it makes no difference if Hard/Firmware Issue, many people can`t use there Unit and gat no response/Support from Fanatec!!

Issue`s are normal in such devices, but not normal is that how Fanatec is try to silence that stuff or irgnoring paying customers!!

inside the Forum many users writing all the same behavior and only a small amount of the get a automatic text block as answer from support but nobody get solved the problem!!

• 青山 真二青山 真二 Member
    edited March 5

I had the same symptoms the other day. Maybe it's just a fluke.

I turned it on (while it was booting) and immediately turned it off and it never turned on again.

It was working fine a short while ago.

You should not turn off the power while it is booting.

• wondering if its a fuse then what burn out? this is not normal behavior because power button should be controlled by default from firmware and should not todo any damage to hardware by default

• Thank you for your information, this just shows that some units will have this exact issue when it comes to this particular problem.

I wish you the best of luck with the RMA process, hope you have something to scratch the racing itch with until this is all resolved.

• any official documentation on it being tested ? or at least a post from an actual employee ? This power off during booting up scenario is true, this is how it happened to me, that one guy that made a youtube video about it and now 青山 真二 user has it happened like that. I bet the majority of people that got the issue also did it that way.

Saying it is not true is kind of short sighted ( no offense ).

• or at least a post from an actual employee? You got one in the answer which you quoted ;)

• it does make a difference in a way that if the cause of issue is known and at least some people avoid it for now until the whole situation has a proper solution, it will take less time for fanatec to fix current issues, if the cause of issue is not know and people keep doing it accidently then fanatec will keep on being overwhelmed as it is right now.

At the end of the day, yes, fanatec has to fix it and provide paying costumers with a product that is fully functioning, but until they find the root cause of it and can fix it for upcoming costumers, it is better for current users to keep away from provoking the problem as to not overwhelm fanatec even more.

• aight, my bad, didn't see any employee or administrator tags so i didn't know. i guess ill take your word for it.

Might not be a universal problem as you said, but if those few affected units get the issue through such a sequence then it is worth mentioning.

Can it be that your fellow coworkers tried it out on some engineering example ? or perhaps they just didn't get lucky ( or maybe unlucky ) enough to find defective ones ?

• your coworkers can take mine as an example, im 100 precent sure that the power off during booting caused it... might help finding the issue with the problematic ones ;)

• I'm just afraid to use my CS DD. I was try to sell it but nobody want to buy fanatec in my region. And I don't want to safe it and wait when base will brick, like podium after 2 years of usage.

• well, the main reason that i have found causing these bricking issues is the power off during booting sequence of the base. Now i dont know about any other issues, but just try to avoid it. People probably wont buy it, given how bad the fanatec costumer support is.

You should use it, and document all the problems that you run into, or wait for some time until the whole situation blows away ( if it even does ... ) and then try to provoke the bricking through powering off during booting of the wheel base, if it doesnt happen, just use it as it is, if it does, ask for a replacement as its under warranty and hope that you get a replacement faster than me and others ...

• I can't request a replacement, logistic cost is around 400eur to Fanatec and back.

• bruh, how much did it cost to get it from fanatec webshop ? 200 euros + the price ? also i dont know where your from, but since its a problem on their part, they should and probably will pay for the shipping, request it and see how it goes.

• Yes, I was pay 799 + 184 USD to bought it in USA and send to my country. I'm from Russia and I think fanatec no warranty for it and it my risk.

I'm old fanatec user, was have Clubsport v.2.5 → CSL DD → CS DD+ (canceled order after 3 month of waiting) CS DD. Have McLaren and MBW GT2 wheels and v3 pedals. In clubsport v.2.5 period was broke pin's on rim and Fanatec send me repair kit.

But now Russia is the one who must not be named. Fanatec deleted my old account and decline all warranty obligations for my old products.

• oh damn, now it makes sense why the shipping is costing so much...

I cant advise you in this one, sorry.

• No problem, they my problem and I can accept it if base will brick.