Wheel sensitivity bug

My wheel sensitivity is set to AUTO in the settings menu, but sometimes it changes to over 2000. (Since 1.43 GT7 update.) Not on the wheel itself, but in the game. The steering wheel of the car in the game turns really slow. If I restart the base, it solves the problem. But it's really annoying, especially in online races. The race starts, and the car turns like a whale... It happens every 3-4 races. Does anyone have the same problem? Any solutions?

DD Pro 8NM, Mclaren GT wheel, Gran turismo 7 1.43.

Comments

• edited March 7

i Have exactyl the Same Problem with Same hardware; I use the gt wheel from The bundle

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Same problem here in GT7 since 1.43 update DD Pro 8NM Formula V2.5 wheel, running driver 447 still.

The issue is intermittent. For example, in TT daily-B, beginning of the lap, approximately 9 out 10 times the wheel behaves as normal, but occasionally the wheel would not turn. I then have to Restart to get the wheel back to normal.

I don't recall having this issue, but noticing it since 1.43 GT7 update.

• It happened on this live stream at 1:12.22 - Link should take you there. You can see the red dot not going as far as it did before that race with same wheel movement. He struggled with it for a long time. I think best bet is to choose 900, 720, 540, 360, or 280 depending on the type of car you're in until it is fixed. Not sure if it's a Fanatec bug or a GT7 bug. I didn't see it happen yet on my DD Extreme but I usually don't leave it in AUTO mode but I did for a few hours and never noticed the bug myself.

https://www.youtube.com/live/7VH63vCIwmo?si=mZCYGte3XI6MDQbE&t=4342

• Same problem as well with my GT DD Pro with QR2. I thought about a problem with my QR2 because it's quite new but it could be a GT7 problem as well. It's quite annoying. Is there a solution yet?

I updated my wheelbase including the QR2 but it still happens. In the last race it happened after the pit stop.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Those of you experienced this issue, was it only in the Trial Mountain track? For me, it's only observed in Trial Mountain, Daily Race-B.

I've done TT with Bugatti / Le Mans nearly an hour and I do NOT recall having this issue.

I'm trying to narrow if this is Polyphony coding issue with Trial Mountain track vs. more wider impact.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Ok thanks Hovath. That's a shame. I thought maybe localized issue to Trial Mt. and possibly avoidable temporarily.

I have no idea how to submit ticket to Polyphony... hopefully someone from Fanatec can raise this issue for resolution.

• Happened to me a few times this past week coming out of a mid-race pitstop. Setting the sensitivity manually depending on personal preference / car / wheel combo has solved it for now.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Which driver and firmware versions are you using?

• Hi, since the last GT update we have all these problems. I hope you resolve it as soon as possible.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Hi Marcel Pfister, any additional information you/Fanatec need to further help troubleshoot this? I'm still experiencing this issue, I'm assuming others are also.

I'm using older driver 447 (but others have mentioned they are having same issue, assume more recent driver).

DD Pro 8nm, FW Base 1.1.7, Motor 1.0.2, F V2.5 46.

Issue observed after GT7 1.43 update = to me I primarily do time trials, happens maybe 5% of the time at beginning of the time trial, first corner. When I restart time trial in-game(without rebooting or resetting anything), wheel goes back to normal in next time trial run.

Let us know what you think, appreciate it.

Thanks for the feedback, if it happened after a GT7 update and is independent on the firmware version you use then the issue will probably be mainly caused by the games update which is out of our control. But we are in contact with Polyphony and will update them with your information.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Thank you Marcel, really appreciate your feedback and status. Makes sense, with all things being equal, it happened after GT7 game update.

But it feels good to know that Fanatec had reached out to Polyphony (or any game makers) of these issues to help us customers.

Thanks again!

• good morning, I'm writing here again, despite the latest Gran Turismo update, this problem has not been resolved

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

That's a shame. I've read in GTPlanet where DD+ Extreme owners have experienced FFB changes since 1.43 release and their settings also did not change after 1.44. So I'm assuming this is all tied together, both DD+ and DD Pro. My guess is PD is working on official DD+ support, which is also impacting DD Pro users. Looks like another month or more until next PD update :-(

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Hi Marcel, were you able to help communicate with PD on DD Pro wheel sensitivity drop or FFB intermittently dropping after GT7 update 1.43? How did they respond?

There was a minor update 1.44 by PD to fix BOP only, and I'm still experiencing this issue but now more frequently.

Wondering if 1) able to communicate this issue with PD, 2) PD acknowledgment or their response, 3) likelihood of fix timing

Thank you Marcel.

They are reverting a change which probably caused the issue and by that it should be solved in their next update I think

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

That's good news, thank you Marcel for the follow-up. I'm sure you guys are busy so we really appreciate taking time getting back to us. Cheers!

• edited April 26

Guys, I don't believe it is firmware related at all. At least not in my case and I've got the same random disconnect issues many others have described using the same/similar wheelbase (GT DD Pro at 8nm). I tried all the firmware and emi solutions that seemed might work without luck and my rig became completely unusable. The only thing that seemed to help was re-seating the wheelbase-side QR snout with usb-c connection to be flush with face of clamp with no gap. But the more I tightened that cheap aluminum 1-bolt clamp, the more it stretched, until finally it's ends met and my wb would not recognize any wheel at all.

If that sounds at all familiar, buy something like this:

Steel 2-piece 2-bolt 30mm inside Dia. 13ish mm thick machined face goodness for under $15 US - and only 2 days away.

I did, and I'm at close to 20 trouble-free hours of use with zero disconnects! It even feels discernably more solid/less flex. I am so happy I was able to avoid the whole rma/warranty claim ordeal. I hope you all have similar luck, whether it's with this upgrade or something else entirely.