Cancelling order / reorder - will the BF discount code still be applicable?

hi everyone,

has anyone managed to verify whether the discount code we got for black friday mishaps is still valid after we cancel the order that we placed with it - that has not been shipped obviously.

kind regards

Comments

• im 99 precent sure it wont apply again.

They oversold what they had in their warehouse due to a bug in their systems ( maybe intentional or maybe not, who knows ), so applying that discount when they already have to ship those oversold orders with a loss on their end is just bad business for Fanatec. Based on this logic i dont think it would apply again, as frustrating as it is, stay patient.

Bricked after 20 hours of use Clubsport DD base owner - Domantas.

• edited March 6

maybe I worded it badly but I don't think this approaches the question from the right direction.

I got the discount code so I placed an order at the beginning of January. this order still has not been processed...in the meantime today they released the DD+ bundle which I would rather get so I would like to cancel the order and place a new one.

From customer point of view, I believe it would be fair that the voucher applies (since it's still not been processed/no product received on my end) but I'd like to get verification on this.

edit; sorry about your clubsport dd...hope you will have it fixed quick.

• yes it would be fair from your point of view, but at this point id rather suggest to just cancel the order, and place a refund order with your bank or how ever you made you purchase, they keep releasing new products when other newly released products keep on having reliability problems.

If you go through the forum, you will see that DD and DD+ has a rare but serious bricking issue, even if you receive it in a proper timeframe, there is no guarantee that the product will last longer than 20 hours of use ( as it did for me ), and the whole replacement process ( if they even replace it ) will probably take months to sort out. So I dont know if its the right way to go when you have other vendors capable of not spending their whole budget on marketing and skimming on costumer support... As much as i love fanatec's products, its a rocky ride buying from them during this time. On an interview Thomas said that they will expand their costumer support, but its not a fast process, that will take years to fully manifest.

• If I don't get the verification I believe it doesn't make sense to cancel the order.

I'll just have to then resell the base privately, and reorder the bundle. That would be plan B. This would just save me all the extra hassle. Besides the fact that I think it makes sense but who knows at this point 😅

I'm seeing lots of DD/DD+ issues which is kinda sad. I'm sure that I will not be selling my CSL DD until I have it verified that the DD+ is faultess.

• yeah i had to dust off my trusty thrustmaster t300 until my clubsport dd is replaced :(

it does make sense, just hope you dont lose allot of money when selling your gear on second hand market.

• I asked myself the same question...by the way they are continuing to behave at fanatec I'm starting to believe that they will never ship all the orders placed with the voucher so as to force us to just cancel it. They probably prefer losing customers than lose money for keeping their word. And I am also convinced that they have realized there is no similar product on the market and therefore it makes no sense to make it purchasable with a discount.

...or maybe I'm just wrong and mean...we'll see...

• haha that would be next level insane, they would lose a lot of customers. Already now all you see left and right on the sim racing forums is people posting their new equipment which they switched to; Simagic, Asatek, Moza, etc.

I am fully in the ecosystem and I have been very satisfied with the CSL DD and the v3 pedals. They work great so I got time - although would prefer if the items arrive within a week or two of the promised delivery time the latest. I just wanted to spend more money by getting the bundle. :)