DD+ Wheel Base - I need a step by step guide for setting up

Good evening,

I have a new DD+ wheel base, hopefully will set it up tomorrow to be used solely with a PS5.

I also have V2 pedals and Formula 2.5 wheel (+ QR2 wheel side) to complete my new setup.

Since i am completely new to these fanatec products, can someone give me a NOOB step by step, instructions on what i should do to have it installed correctly please ? I do have a Windows PC for updates if needed.

Thank you guys,

JA

Comments

• Marcel JeskeMarcel Jeske Member
    edited March 7

1) Turn on your PC (Windows 10 at least)

2) Connect your wheel base with delivered USB cable to a USB 3.0 Port of your mainboard/ motherboard. No wheel or anything attached to the wheel base.

3) Turn on your wheel base and wait until your wheel base QR isn’t turning anymore. Press power Button until it‘s illuminated red = PC Mode. Usually this should be just once because it starts in PS5 Mode = Blue. Be patient. From now on don‘t touch your wheel base anymore. Leave it connected and powered and in PC Mode.

4) your wheel base in PC Mode should be noticed by your PC and a driver should be installed. Wait until you get a notification it‘s successfully installed.

5) Download Driver 455. it‘s the one which works for Most people. People have issues with 456.

6) After installation of the driver you should be asked to restart your PC. Follow this instruction.

7) After restart open installed Fanatec Control Panel. Ignore notification there is a newer driver. Open firmware updater. Firmware of your firmware and Wireless quick release should be shown as Firmware Update available.

8) Start Firmware Update. Updates of your wheel base and Wireless quick release should be installed correctly. Your wheel base should restart automatically after updates.

9) After wheel base restart your wheel base is in PS5 Mode (Blue Light) again. Press power Button once to get into PC Mode.

10) The Software should ask you to connect your wheel for calibration. Connect your wheel now. Be careful when connecting your wheel. The QR might be upside down. Look for the pins inside the QR.

11) You either have to continue center calibration or your wheel’s firmware will be updated first. Follow instructions.

12) after everything is updated Firmware Updater should be closed and Control Panel opened automatically again.

13) Enter settings of your wheel base and activate Advanced Mode. This way you can use 5 different settings for Force Feedback. You find FFB settings propositions in this Forum.

14) Close your Control Panel.

15) Connect your pedals directly to PC‘s USB port. Only this way you‘ll be able to update firmware. Wait until Windows driver Installation is successful.

16) Open Fanatec Control Panel. Update Firmware of your pedals as instructed.

17) if You’re not asked to calibrate your pedals after update open pedals and do it manually. I‘d recommend to set 0% Input slightly above 0 so your foot can lay on the pedal without Breaking or accelerating. Same for 100% slightly less.

18) when set everything correctly you can close Fanatec Control Panel, Turn of your wheel base and disconnect your hardware from PC

19) Connect your Pedals to your wheel base and your wheel base to PS5

20) After turning on your wheel base and the Rotation of your wheel has stopped you need to press power Button until it’s Blue (PS5 Mode) because your wheel base remembers last used mode. you need to Push PS Button. PS5 should recognize it as a controller. Press X

21) Open the Game you desire and have fun. good luck finding good FFB settings. YouTube is helpful.

• This is amazing to say the least, thank you very very much Marcel!

One stupid question i guess, i downloaded the driver from fanatec's website. I only had the option to download the 455 it seems.

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/driver

How come others can also use the 456 version?

• Thank you Mark :)

• edited March 9

Just received the DD+ , club sport V3 pedals and the podium rim R300 with podium hub. I followed all the steps to update the firmware to version 455. The Ps5 doesn't recognize anything! Is this because the R300 has no PS button? What do I do? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanx, Brad

• You need to push Options and Share at the same time for a couple of moments up to seconds. This is your PS Button. Your wheel will be recognized like every other Controller

• Hey Marcel, thanx for the quick response. Let's assume I am completely ignorant, lol. I included a picture of the wheel and the buttons attached. None of the buttons appear to do anything.

• Marcel JeskeMarcel Jeske Member
    edited March 9

No problem, another step by step Guide:

1. Power on PlayStation
    2. Power on Wheel Base, wait until Wheel base finished starting procedure
    3. press both left buttons (SH & OP on my set up) at the same time until PlayStation recognizes a new controller
    4. Press X (should be the wiper Button of my setup)
  • This is mentioned in Podium Hub manual:

• Thanx again Marcel, you saved the day!