Fanatec Fraud? QR1 lite is a mess, Support even bigger mess.

edited March 7 in Steering Wheels

Hey Guys...

I just made my way into the Sim Racing World and bought my first wheel and base. It was the GTT DD Pro. Luckily it arrived in time and In the first days I noticed, that every time I turned my wheel it made a clicking sound u could hear and feel. I was not happy about it, but I thought that's just the way it is. Until I found the Fanatic Forum and many other users experiencing the same issues I have.

The Solution? a bit of tape on the wheelbase or spend 50 bucks on a metal QR.

So imo this is like a fraud, they rip off their customers to buy the QR metal.

The QR lite is a construction error and they know that.

So I wrote couple emails the fanatec support, and they literally told me that I could just buy a QR metal or QR2. And that the gap the plastic qr makes is normal...

So instead of sending me a metal one, they just sent me another plastic one, and guess what. I had the same problems.

SO obviously it is the QR1 Lite making this problems. I tested a friends wheel with a metal QR and the gap and clicking sound was gone.

WTF????? why they tell me this is normal? where can I read about that the DD Pro Wheelbase is making clicking noises u can hear and feel? IF I would have known this, I would never ever bought this fanatic sh*t......

So glad I bought with Paypal, case opened... spent 1000 bucks to let me know that I need to spend another 50 to make it run as it should be...

Comments

• yeah using tape actually can make stuff even worse, it may remove clipping noise but same time it levels up little the holder, what in long usage may make that so weak that in one day it just damage the pins.

agree, customer support should never advise something like that, and instead fix they error what they made in past

• did send the base back or do you keep it?