Pedal (Deadzone) calibration.

edited March 7 in Gran Turismo

short question about pedal calibration in GT7. More specifically, it's about the dead zone of the throttle and brake. Do I calibrate this in the Fanatec software or in GT7. That means, if I have set the deadzones in the fanatec software, do I set everything to zero in the game? Or do I leave it at Auto Calibration and set the rest ingame? only one or the other makes sense, right? Calibration in the software and in GT7 doesn't make sense, does it?

Comments

• In my opinion pedals should be calibrated in Fanatec Control Panel with a tiny deadzone at Min and 100% saturation before Max. This way you‘ll never have ghost breaking/ accelerating (especially if you leave a foot on the pedal) and will always reach 100% input when pushing.

Setting it up in game additionally is often not needed but sometimes beneficial depending on the game and required driving style.

If there is no input visible at 0% you don‘t need input deadzones. If you reach 100% input when you push the pedal as far as you want to push it for 100% you don’t need to adjust saturation in game.

• Fanatec software is PC only. GT7 is only on PlayStation. I don't think you can set something up on a PC and then use it on PlayStation. It's the PC that stores the axis settings, not the pedals, but maybe I missed something.

• I've calibrated mine using the Fanatec control panel and the changes are still applied in GT7 & ACC. The settings must be stored in the wheelbase.

• if you calibrate pedals in Fanatec Control Panel it‘s saved into the hardware. It‘s the same like wheel base calibration. It definitely works. I‘ve set a deadzone of ~3-5% for each of my pedals and 95-97% for Maximum Input. Before, when it was not calibrated this way, I had minimal input when my foot rested on a pedal. I could see this ingame.

• Thank you all for your answers.

• Also a max on the brake pedal? That's more likely to be regulated via the brake force settings, right?

• I also calibrate max on Both Pedals to make sure I‘ll get guaranteed Maximum force when I push the pedals to the end no matter in which game I am