Gran Turismo 7 not seeing my steering wheel

Greetings all!

I have just recently got a PS5 and Gran Turismo 7 and am super excited to get this set up to my racing rig.

However I am unable to get the wheel to work with the game.

I have updated all Fanatec drivers and have the wheel in PS4/PS5 mode. My equipment states that it is PS or PS Ready.

I have the Podium Racing Wheel F1 bundle with the DD1 wheel base, the Club Sport F1 wheel and the BMW M4 GT3 Podium Wheel. That is the wheel I have connected.

When I go into controllers on the game and go to the steering controller settings, it says there is now wheel connected.

I am sure I am missing something super easy and simple that someone can point out for me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Maybe a stupid question, but…

did you press PS Button on your wheel? It‘s the same like a PS5 Controller

• I have.

None of the buttons seem to work, even though the manual says the buttons should work on the PS

• does everything work/register on a PC within the drivers?

What driver version are you running?

What firmware versions are on the dd1, and the wheels?

Are you using any USB hubs or extension cords?

• No USB hubs or extension cords.

Everything works perfect on PC

Latest driver and firmware for everything. I just updated everything this morning.

• Define 'latest'... after years in IT support, 'latest' means nothing.

up until last year? the 'check update' button in the driver didnt work, so it thought it was on the latest version.

Also, by asking extactly what version is on the base/wheel, we can find out if the firmware is 0.0.0.0 ie its failed. But saying its working on pc rules that out.

Have you tried a different USB port on the PS? and double checked the wheel is pushed onto the shaft properly? Do both wheels act the same?

• You guys are missing the obvious. The dd1 is not compatible with PS. Doesn't matter what wheel he has; compatibility comes from the wheel base.

• Marcel JeskeMarcel Jeske Member
    edited March 13

So, this is the wheel base bundle we are talking about?

If that‘s the case,

• did it work on PS4?
    • does it work with Formula wheel on PS5?

• Then I don't know what to tell you. Something in the wheel base made it compatible with PS; perhaps that is malfunctioning

• "latest" as in "I just updated everything this morning"

• im not trying to be a dick, but "updated this morning" still doesnt help....

I could have updated my drivers this morning - from a file i had sitting around last year.

Again, listing what firmware version the wheelbase, qr, wheel etc can also eliminate incompatible versions - if one didnt update correctly.

There are also Fanatec 'Official release' drivers. There are also beta versions - all of which have their own issues, but can solve other issues.

So, i ask again - what driver version are you running? 368? 455? 456?

And what are the firmware versions

• Well if you are not trying to be a dick, I'd hate to see what you trying would be like.

And yes it does help saying I updated drivers this morning.

It means that I went to the website and downloaded the most recent drivers, not some ridiculous scenario where I had a driver downloaded from three years ago.

• Yes Marcel that is the wheel base.

I don't and didn't have a PS4. I just bought the PS5 mainly to play GT7. The Formula wheel is not working either.

Don, yes the DD1 wheelbase IS compatible with PS4/PS5 according to the information from the Fanatec website.

• I have the same problem as you. The PS5 now does not detect the DD1 base, however if I connect it to the laptop, it is the opposite, if it detects it. This just happened to me this Sunday.

Unfortunately it won't let me upload videos so you can see. Also through my account, I wanted to leave a ticket to see if the support area can help me, but even when it was generated, I have no way to view or follow up.

• Im just making a point.

I dont understand why you are reluctant to say what driver and firmware you are on. Which driver from the website did you download? its not that hard a question, is it? considering, as i have said... there is the RELEASED driver on the fanatec website, or any of the BETA drivers from here on the forum.

Do you go to the doctor and say "my arm hurts. Im not telling you which arm, or which part of my arm, or how it hurts, but i want you to help me. It was fine yesterday, and for reasons im not telling you, it now hurts. Fix me"

So help us to help you.

Or do you just want to moan its not working?

• Boyd HerrinBoyd Herrin Member
    edited March 14

OK Nick Burns.

Also, I stated very clearly that I downloaded the drivers from the WEBSITE.

When I go to the doctor and say my arm hurts, my doctor actually listens to what I say and doesn't ask me what is hurting when I have just told him my arm is hurting.

Most of the information you have asked for has been provided to you had you been paying attention instead of "not trying to be a dick"

One of the most important skills in IT is LISTENING instead of lecturing.

• edited March 14

Fine. I wanted to try to help. you dont want help by providing the info I asked for - like what firmware is actually registering on your hardware.

Good luck.

Im so glad i dont do IT support anymore. getting info out of some people is like hitting your head against a wall.

ps try updating to a beta driver, maybe 456. hope you dont brick your DD1 doing it

• If the type of IT support you gave was "try this driver in development and cross your fingers it doesn't brick your hardware" you clearly did not have a future in that line of work.

I HAVE provided the info you have asked for SEVERAL TIMES now. I have stated in plain English that I grabbed the latest drivers off the website. I have also provided the EXACT hardware I have.

Sorry you are too lazy to look on the website to see the version numbers like any remedial level IT support person would be able to do with less effort than whining about not being spoon fed everything.

Clearly you are more interested in being a dick than trying to help people. There are MANY other places on the internet more suited to that than here.

Jose provided you with a screen shot of his exact drivers for his hardware, and instead of giving any useful advice, you chose to continue to whine and complain showing your true intent here.

• I'm going to try and help but to be clear none of us work for Fanatec and are trying to help out on our own free will.

I looked up a video on the DD1 and the setup. There seems to be a different button to be used to put the DD1 into the PS mode. Those with the DD pro or newer DD+ use the bottom center button. In the video from fanatec a few years ago on youtube it shows the center button in the upper right being used. Please watch the attached video to see if it helps you. The time mark would be around the 3:20 second time frame.

You didn't share if you are actually going into the base to select the PS mode so this could also be why your base works on PC and not with the PS5. You need to set it to that mode before it can be used with that device. If not, then have you tried different USB ports on the PS5?

• You could also start with one of the older drivers and slowly update firmware driver for driver…

Streamers on YouTube (e.g. pixelconnect from Germany) are using this Wheel Base on a PS5 with GT7 so at least it worked in the past.

So, to find out if it‘s the PlayStation Chip inside your Wheel Base that‘s not working at all or it’s the firmware I‘d Start with a driver released some time ago…

• Maybe it‘s a PS5 firmware issue…

• So I rolled back the driver to an older version and everything seems to be working now. Maybe it was a bad install of a newer driver?

Anyways, it is working so thank you for the help and advice minus the lecture on needing to know the exact driver version I had.

Looks like that was not necessary information to be able to provide help :)