dead/disconnected v3 pedals FIXED!!

I thought my new v3 inverted pedals had failed. The symptoms began with the throttle randomly dropping out. A second or 2 here, a split-second there that quickly progressed to random no throttle/no brake issues fixed by restarting race and finally, to 100% dead pedals, 100% of time. This is exclusively on console playing gt7, but further testing proved it to be any game on any platform. I had only added these pedals to my gt dd pro @8nm and Formula v2.5x Wheel/Podium Advanced Shifter Module about 6 weeks prior. I dreaded the possibility of going thru Fanatec Supprt System as I searched everywhere for a fix. I was close to panicking as each search came to a fruitless end.

My 1 and only clue was an odd notification on my pc re: a usb device was using more power than the port could supply and my pc was restarting imminently. Thinking backwards from there, the most likely cause of excessive power draw would be a short so I pulled the pedals from my rig for a closer inspection and, sure enough! There it was, the power lead to the throttle's rumble motor had maybe 8-10mm of insulation split and laid-open, allowing the copper strands to come in contact with the throttle assembly itself and short, drawing enough power to trigger a fail-safe shutting off all power to the pedals.

The cause? Me, apparently in a forgotten adjustment to the face of the throttle, I had pinched that wire under a washer or nut. This was about 2 weeks prior to the 1st random symptoms starting. I'm guessing it took that long to wear thru. Who knows...

The fix, at this point, is fairly obvious and straight-forward: repair the wire/insulation and keep fingers crossed that no further damage was done. Which I did. And there wasn't. So I was done too. Success!! Although showing up as v2 clubsport's instead of v3's as they used to, they were registering/operating normally w/in Fanatec Control Panel and I wanted to test them in gt7 and I also just wanted to race; tired of screwing around with gear, I just wanna race. So I made no attempt at re-intalling drivers, updating firmware, or anything else. They work as good as ever in gt7, so I'm happy and since, as stated earlier, I found zero help with what seems a fairly common problem, I thought I'd share what I found and what i did to fix it. I'm not saying this is the problem 100% of the time, but if you're experiencing similar symptoms, especially after a recent service or maintenance to your pedals, this is definitely worth exploring. Good luck, hope I've helped someone..