CS DD + Disconnection figured out the problem

@Marcel Pfister

@Maurice Böschen

I just wanted to give a quick update on my DD + issue.

I think I figured out what is causing the disconnect issue.

It's the Shaft.

I turn on the Wheelbase.

Everything else is off.

I start turning the Wheel to either left or right.

As soon as I reach approximately 90 degrees of rotation, I feel the resistance drops off and the Wheel Display shows the F.

After a few seconds it reconnects and I can feel the rotation resistance again.

So no matter if I turn it to the left or to the right WITH an attached Wheel, it will disconnect.

On the other hand though, if I detach the Wheel and turn the Shaft itself, it NEVER disconnects or drops the resistance.

So it's definitely something to do with the pins within the QR Shaft causing the disconnect issue.

The pins are not bend or broken.

Everything is firm.

Anything I can do?

Comments

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited April 27

Can you test this scenario? Power On the base without attached wheel (attach after booting up) then test it. And tested what happens if you disconnect your usb cable? that would be important to know.

• @Gökhan Ogul

I just did that.

Same issue but even worse now.

It disconnects, looses the shaft friction/resistance as soon as I start turning the Wheel the slightest.

No USB connected.

Wheel detached during start up.

I attach the wheel.

Display lights up

Dial buttons light up

Display says no USB connected.

I slightly start to turn the Wheel a few degrees and lights go off and no resistance in the wheel.

After a few seconds the Display on the Wheel lights up and dial buttons too.

Rinse and repeat as soon as I start turning the Wheel again it disconnects again with exact same behavior as mentioned before.

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited April 27

Ok. Thanks, then you should now test it with the previous driver 455 QR firmware (not the base). If this also happens with the previous WQR firmware (from driver 455), your WQR modul may be broken and you need to contact the support. Better were to have a second wheel for test.

I think we should continue the conversation in the Driver 457 forum to avoid duplicate messages.

• I just tested it in the Fanatec Driver Menu on my Laptop.

It clearly shows the Wheel disconnect when turning it and reconnecting.

Should have tried this way earlier.

It's now absolutely and definitely clear that it is a hardware issue.

BTW, I opened the support ticket 2 days ago.

From your experience, how long should it take the customer support to reply and send me a support ticket/ RMA confirmation?

First time having to report a faulty product after the 14 day guarantee.