Anyone use Dynamic FFB effects?

It seems the dynamic FFB has never seem to gain any traction 😁 based on the following:

• Lack of discussion in the forum
  • Lack of recommended settings by game title
  • Lack of use in Maurice's custom profiles

Seems like a fair bit of effort was put forth to develop this for no one to use it. Before I relegate it to the list of unused features, I thought post this question.

Comments

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member

My understanding of how things work and why I wouldn't use it:

1) Force feed back mainly come from the suspension (Varying Pressures and Bumps, etc), Tyres (Friction and Gyroscopic Progression making it harder to turn left or right at speed).

2) Direct drive are quite powerful these days and can have vicious oscillations, to control those oscillations you use Damping tools such as Fanatec drivers - NDP (Natural Damping with a Constant damping), NFR (Natural Friction with a constant weighting). The higher the damping the less detail you feel through the steering wheel.

3) Some games also have a static damping setting (Equivalent to NFR) and a dynamic damping setting (Equivalent to the Tires Gyroscopic Progression) which can add to those already static ones from the Fanatec driver.

4) Then you have Fanalabs Dynamic Damping which once again can add extra damping (Equivalent to the Tires Gyroscopic Progression) to both the Fanatec Drivers NDP and a games Dynamic Damping settings.

So to sum up, a Direct Drive motor in most games is more than capable of producing the correct forces and the tires Gyroscopic Progression feeling without any other assistance from a games or extra software such as Fanalabs static or dynamic damping settings, this is why I don't use Fanalabs Dynamic Damping.

I think a lot of people may use two or three of the mentioned Dynamic Damping methods simutainiously enabled and have a vastly too strong turning force when cornering and lose a lot of informative detail.

You could also use any one of the three methods that gives you the best results, I use Fanatecs drivers method because it is adjustable on the fly and via Fanalab Profiles for each car and I then disable all damping and friction options in the games themselves.