Your ecosystem is complicated and is not stable.

Hello Fanatec community!

I am new to simracing, I invested in the F1 steering wheel with the DD+, the CS V3 pedals and the Podium Fanatec GT World Challenge steering wheel, qr2 pro with the andurance module.

I ordered on 04/28/2024 around 12:00 p.m. and was delivered by UPS on 05/08/2024 at 2:30 p.m.

Information for Fanatec:

For the next time you send an order for a customer who lives in Switzerland, be sure to put a power cable for the country concerned, in Switzerland, the sockets and plugs are not the same when in Europe, or when in England...

Thank you for this delivery in 10 days.

The Fanatec ecosystem scares me a little, your software is not stable, I don't know how to update your software... It's not clear.

Which drivers should be used for the different peripherals: Base DD+, ClubSport F1 racing wheel, Fanatec GT World Challenge Podium steering wheel and ClubSport V3 pedals. Do I have to install them separately with a USB cable or can I all plug them into the DD+ via RJ12.

Thank you for your future response.

Philippe Weber

PS: For information, I wrote in French and I did the translation on Google.

Comments

• edited May 9

Good morning,

You must install the program below, plug your devices into the PC and let the update process take place.

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/driver?_gl=1*1j3dcca*_up*MQ..*_ga*NTM0NDYzMjk4LjE3MTUyNTI4MjQ.*_ga_Q6VYC4JPVE*MTcxNTI1MjgyNC4xLjEuMTcxNTI1Mjg1OC4wLjAuMA..

Fanatec control Panel : for updates

Fanalab : for the settings

• JulanDeAlbJulanDeAlb Member

Hey, everytime you want to upgrade your Firmware, you need to download the latest Driver (if available) which contains all the Firmware parts you will need.

I would recommend not to use the 455 Firmware and wait for the release of the 457 Firmware which is currently a Release Candidat to avoid some issues. If you have those issues, try it with the RC.

https://forum.fanatec.com/categories/drivers

The updater then will say what you need to do. I think you need to update the base first without any Steering wheel or pedals,... plugged in first, the rest will be explained by the updater. For the Pedals i can't say how it works.

Here is a Video of Fanatec to show how you set up everything: https://youtu.be/iw5yMe3solo?si=Bxf6WmKadMGQwBkv

• Thank you for your message JulanDeAlb !

It's still crazy that the Fanatec site offers the 455 with all the problems it poses, I went to the forum thanks to your message because I wasn't aware of all that.

So I installed the 457 and indeed, there was a new Driver for my CSL DD 8NM that I received yesterday.

Yesterday with the 455, I already had to do an update so thank you again for your message.

• JulanDeAlbJulanDeAlb Member

They offer it because it works good with every other base expect the DD and DD+ and the 457 is a RC. It shouldn’t be long until it will be fully released.

And it’s normal that most of your gear gets an update if you install a new driver, because a driver means mostly also firmware updates.