Being sent the wrong replacement

Looking to see if anyone has had any issues with being sent a wrong replacement.

I ordered a ClubSport Racing Wheel F1®  bundle in March which unfortunately when arrived was defective (bad coil whine and bad vibrations in the wheel when idle/not in game).

This was returned to the UK repair centre (and as per instructions, all original items in the box were returned, including steering wheel).

Without any explanation of the issue, a replacement order was created (I assume the original was un-repairable) but the replacement was only for the Clubsport DD+ base and not the F1 bundle. I have today received UPS import fee notification which I don't intend to pay as it will need to be returned anyway and then I will have to pay import fees on the next replacement (if there is one).

However the issue I'm having at the moment is that last Fanatec Support e-mail I received basically said the RMA was completed. I did clearly state that I have no steering wheel and despite a couple of e-mails I haven't received a response and I assume they think the situation is resolved. I really don't want to go through another RMA process and wait 3 weeks for the initial response.

Any advice / common experience is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member

What a mess... I myself have a RMA request in progress so your story is quite a horror story.

Best chance is to reply to the RMA emails. They won't respond here.

• JulanDeAlbJulanDeAlb Member

In your RMA instruction it said, you should put all Accessories inside of the defective product like cables, wires,… the wheel is not an accessory.

I guess you need to wait now. Reply to there RMA Email instead of making a new support ticket.

• Sander DSander D Member

I've seen several others getting returned the wrong product. They send in their defective DD+ and get back a DD[which they can't use because it's not PlayStation compatible].