What should I do with my order?

29 april I placed order for nearly 800 euro and yesterday I saw that the Fanatec was going to be bought out by Corsair. So can someone tell me what should I do? My order status is handover to warehouse from nearly a week and Fanatec send me an email "my order is being prepared for shipment" and nothing more happends

Comments

• Same for me, ordered 29 April, Handover to Warehouse 30 April, still nothing... Shipping to Poland, CSL DD 5nm, P1 V2 wheel, CSL Elite V2 pedals. I'm stressed about big delay because of Corsair buying Fanatec...

• hello everyone, same thing for me, I placed an order on May 1st, which is not moving and I am starting to seriously worry.

• keep calm i did 2 orders. One on 19 April which im still waiting on and one on 29 April with a Loadcell Breakkit this one arrived yesterday.

Their Warehouse is just completly slow.

• Scott KellyScott Kelly Member
    edited May 9

I'm in a similar situation. I ordered on the 28th of April but got an email yesterday to say it's been disptached, on the UPS website it's listed as "Label Created" and hasn't been collected. Not sure how this is considered dipatched.

As a first time Fanatec customer I'm very neverous and the lack of feedback is driving me insane.

• Hello,same for me.. i’m in Italy and ordered on 28 april and my order still handover to warehouse.. I try to contact fanatec via customer service to send me tracking number but i didn’t any response.. I also tried calling their phone number but unfortunately it's out of service at the moment..

• Krystian PisKrystian Pis Member
    edited May 9

Just done some research and it seems that at 9 May in Germany is national holiday, so today UPS is not working (Fanatec probably also), need to wait for tomorrow.

@Scott Kelly that is why it is not dispatched yet - yesterday they created label too late and it will be picked up by UPS tomorrow.

• I have an order that is available on 17th May..... out of stock since I ordered.

As some people on this forum are suggesting, with legal bankruptcy in progress, to be completed by end of May, I guess its a race between stock being available and the end of the month.

The current questions and suggestions about the legal bankruptcy process, leave the decision entirely up to you.

Options

a) Cancel now and get any cash back before the legal closure. Replace order when the new Fanatec opens again under Corsair control, but your at the back of the queue and suffer any price position changes etc

b) Don't cancel, play the risk of loosing everything and still placing another order when Fanatec reopens under Corsair as per point a)

Conclusion. Im not sure I believe or dont believe the people that are saying legal bankruptcy means loss of everything, eg warranty claims and existing customer orders/etc etc. I have no idea. I know I need the parts I have ordered, and could get them again, but I dont know if I will get cash back if I cancel the order anyway. I dont even know if Fanatec have the money to repay it. Would Corsair really think they are buying the faith if they kill of everyone with an outstanding orders? Who knows...

I guess I am in the game until it lives or dies. As a large Corsair customer also, I anticipate they will honour the existing order book.... fingers crossed.

I don't think there's time to get the money back. There's going to be a long line of people of taking option a, based on the principle that there was a large swathe of requests to keep supporting and ordering from fanatec if you want them to survive. I think you would feel pretty let down, and totally pished off, if you did order and never received anything.

My guess is, that today, the sales team at fanatec are sat looking at each other, wondering why some one turned off the tap? or they are high fiving, knowing they are about to get hellabusy.... and just doing their job as normal.

IN short, no idea, IM asking the same question myself....

• David DeGreefDavid DeGreef Member
    edited May 9

I wouldn't expect any guidance from Fanatec/Corsair directly. I'd wait for official word as to direction of the new venture or look elsewhere for my sim racing needs. Personally, I would cancel any order if possible and then do one of the two options: wait or look elsewhere.

Truly sad what has happened to a once well-respected name and innovator of sim racing hardware.

• Am I missing something? Fanatec is on the road to rescue. The new CRO has become CEO, which means the company is fully focused on the rescue. Corsair is acquiring it. It's not just buying the famous brand of a famous company, it's buying the company as a whole.

The situation is destined to improve. A couple of months ago it would have been time to flee from Fanatec, not now that they are saving it.

• When it be deliveried, you to can eat that if you want. It really up to users what they todo with they orders.

• Update: seems that my order has been sent today! Found 3 packages on UPS tracking today by reference number and country/postal code, which seems correct since I ordered 3 items! Estimated delivery time is on Tuesday, May 14th, which is also correct based on shipping time from Germany to Poland. However, no e-mail from Fanatec or UPS that my order has been sent, can't check details of shippment because searching by reference number doesn't provide full tracking numbers - only messages on each tracking that it's "On the way".

• Scott KellyScott Kelly Member
    edited May 10

Mine also seems to be moving along finally and have recieved confirmation that it has been scanned by UPS and is due for delivery next week.

• Great news for you guys! What did you get?

im starting to think that tgrrr is DD+ shortage and that’s why my order is delayed.. order April 22 still in process :/

• CSL DD 5nm, P1 V2 wheel and CSL Elite V2 pedals, all in stock when I was ordering and in stock as of today.

• "What should I do with my order"

play a race games?