Considering switching to PC

Hi all,

I have been racing on the Xbox One S and the Series X. I am planning to switch to PC.

I race mostly in WRC 10 and Forza Motorsport 7

Would I be SIM RACING be ok with the following PC specs?

• Intel® Core™ i7 14700F (20-Core, 61MB Total Cache, 2.1GHz to 5.4GHz w/Turbo Boost Max 3.0)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4060, 8 GB GDDR6
  • 16 GB, 2 x 8 GB, DDR5, 5600 MHz
  • 1 TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

I am not planning to upgrade the PC everytime - Would these specs be ok for the games I am playing?

Thanks,

Jairo

Comments

• I just recently moved from console to PC. You will be fine with the 14700 and 4060. You will be GPU bound (which is better than CPU bound) and you’ll be able to play at 1080 and 1440 with medium to high settings on most racing games (still getting 60-100 FPS). Some older titles you may get away with 4k and still be near the 60 FPS range, but you are better off running a lower resolution and allowing the display to upscale.

If anything, spend $100 and upgrade the RAM to 32 gigs since the GPU can steal up to half of it to load additional textures. Beyond that, you’re looking at $600-$2000 for a stronger video card (which would also likely require a larger power supply for another $200).

For reference, I have run both a 13700F with a 3060 8 gig and 4070 super 12 gig as well as a 14700F with a 4060 Ti 16 gig and 4080 super 16 gig and the differences are not as wide as you might think. On FM8, I have all settings at 4k max and utilize nearly 100% GPU and over 100% of the RAM on the 4080 while only hitting 40-50% CPU and RAM on the main system. This sustains 75+ FPS in FM8, but I can easily change a few settings and get 144+ (my monitor refresh rate) if I decide to. I was still running at 4k and high/very high settings on the 13700 and 3060/4070 as well to get in the 70-100 FPS range.

• Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your reply. This is helping me very much. I was looking at the Alienware R16 and I was looking and asked a quotation on an Asus TUF, but they overloaded it with components that are way to heavy that i wont be needing.

I was even told that the i7 is not really necessary and that I would be fine with an i5. I am considering these components now;

• i5 14600KF
    • RTX™ 3060
    • 32GB
    • 1TB SSD

this is what i will be aiming for.

• Hi, I've been racing on PlayStation for a few years now and lately the unavoidable PC itch has got to me. I also work with Macs IRL so PCs have a bit of a sorcery aspect from my perspective. No way to avoid sounding like a complete noob, so there it goes: Would this Walmart pre-build below suffice for ACC and F1? Could I also record the gameplay at the same time on OBS studio or something like it? Will I have to upgrade if I want to go VR at some point? Can I ad more RAM to this in the future? Sorry for the many and noob questions and thanks in advance for any help!

CyberPowerPC Gamer Master Gaming Desktop AMD Ryzen 5-7600 Radeon RX 7600 16GB DDR5 1TB SSD Black (2024)

PS: apparently I also don't know how to post a damn link, this is going for U$899 free ship at Walmart