Problem with DD1, shutting off immediately after letting power button go.

Dear users of the Fanatec Forum,

My dd1 has been broken for about 6/7 weeks now. I have created a ticket at Fanatec and i can send my wheelbase back, but i am now waiting for an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization). But its taking fanatec ages to reply to my email, so i am asking you guys if any of you had the same issue and if they fixed it, and most importantly how they fixed it. I have had problems earlier but those seemed to be gone now, but i have a problem that still makes my dd1 unusable.

The problem is as followed:

After i got recommended to install driver 457, and restarted my system this happened (this refering to https://streamable.com/yu9aa6). When i put the powercable in my dd1 and turn it on, the wheelbase receives power and does it usual calibration spin. But the second i let the powerbutton go the wheelbase turns off. The LED panel on the front doesnt turn on either. When i put the usb cable in the base and into my pc (any usb port, 3.0 2.0 etc etc) my pc doesnt recognize it. The wheelbase also does not allow me to go into bootloader mode. I talked dutch in the video, but what i said in the video is described here as a problem.

So if any of you know the fix to this problem, or have any other tips i would highly appreciate it. And if an employee of fanatec sees this, please send me an RMA, i just want to get back to racing man 😢.

Thanks for reading and hopefully one of you guys can help me!

Comments

• I am having the same issue with my Podium DD1. I pressed the power button, the power button light turns on for a second then turns off. The wheel spins, about one rotation then nothing even on the OLED display. I have disconnected every cable, waited an hour, tried again, same result. I have submitted a support ticket but have heard nothing back. My faith in Fanatec products is slowly dwindling. How can a company that makes such high end equipment have such poor customer support? If it is a lack of personnel, hire me and I will help improve the support. The quality of the products is that of a Mercedes and the support system like that of a Yugo. What gives?