Firmware show 0 (Clubsport Hub V2)

Hello,

I got a used Clubsport Universal Hub V2 (approx. 2.5 years old).

I plugged the hub into my Clubsport DD+ base. Ran with disconnections. I had to unplug the hub and restart the base and it ran again for a short while until the connection was lost again. Buttons, shift paddles, display dead.

Then I thought ok, I'll do an update. Base and everything else was up to date (457 drivers).
The Controll app immediately indicated that a new firmware was available (= V2, previously V1). Firmware update went smoothly. 

However, the hub froze again after a few seconds in the game, so everything was dead again.

Now I can't get the hub to work at all.
Plugging and unplugging doesn't help. Firmware 0 is displayed in the Controll app and a flash is not possible, "Error no Firmware detected"

Anyone have an idea what I can do? 
I've already tried older drivers. Screws from the QR checked whether they are the original short ones from the hub (and not the longer ones from the QR). Loosened the screws around the pins and tightened them again. 
Loosen the screw between the pins and tighten it again.

With the DD Pro-Base there was the problem that the shaft came loose on the base. The problem with my Clubsport DD+ no longer exists with the QR2 connection.

All other wheels run smoothly (McLaren, F1 V2.5, GT Extreme Wheel)

Does anyone have an ".eff" file that the firmware updater requires? 

I'm starting to feel at a loss.

Comments

• I have the same problem with my new Podium Hub.

I updated the firmware with driver 457. There was an error in the update process. After that it shows now that firmare is up to date but its version 0 instead the latest version 6. Also my Podium Button Module Endurance wont connect via this Podium Hub. It says that the Hub is not compatible and needs a firmware update.

Any help is welcome. Thank you.

• I hope, that it will be fixed with new driver... I don't know if it works with other (older) wheelbases maybe.

I think, that could be a bug from DD Plus Wheelbase. I also have a second Clubsport Hub V2 with a Podium Button Endurance Modul an it works fine. Only the PBME have a little bug in GT7: the joystick on the left side on the Button Module works inverted. Means when I go left it goes right...

In Fanatec Control-Center App it works how it should.

Maybe Maurice can say something?

• I am having the same issue , Just purchased the Clubsport Porsche 911 GT3 R V2 wheel ( Xbox/PC ) . I couldn't get the Podium Button module to work with the bundled V2 ( Xbox/PC ) hub

I upgraded to the 457 Firmware from the 455 and had the same issue . I then removed the drivers and started from 452 and upgraded to 457 again , Same thing . I down graded back to 455 which was stable before this purchase .

I swapped out the ( Xbox/PC ) hub with the Clubsport universal Hub from another wheel setup I have and I was able to get the Podium button Module to work properly on my PC .

When re assembling the V2 ( Xbox/PC ) hub I am still unable to flash the firmware , it says "Firmware file not found “ Am I missing something ? I exhausted every effort I can thing about including swapping out the cable , Changing the USB port I am also running Windows 10 .

Looking for help in this matter as well .

I tried to upload pics from my iPhone but I kept getting error messages .

• I solved the problem. In my case, the main cable inside the hub, which is plugged into the board, had a connection problem. The wide white plug (JST or something similar) was inserted correctly, but apparently the contacts in the plug had no connection. I inserted the plug slightly offset, so one side was completely inserted and the other side was only half inserted.

This means that all internal contacts in the plug are connected. Maybe it would have been enough to clean the small pins in the plug with isopropanol. In any case, the hub is running again and the firmware is displayed normally.

• I took apart the hub yesterday just to check everything, I did find a smaller plug which was not inserted all the way, but I received the same result.

I will definitely try it this week when I get some free time again and follow up, thank you for the Info, Its greatly appreciated and frustrating since we spend so much money on these devices, We just want everything to work right. Thanks again