No FFB with SuperForumula cars GT7 1.49

Tried playing GT7 game with new 1.49 update. Noticed that all SuperFormula cars have very little feedback. Any one else have this problem? Any way to fix this? Beginning to loathe this game. Have DD Pro with 8nm.

Comments

• Everyone has it, no way to fix it, the game needs to fix this with a game update.

• Steering: Electric power-assisted

im assuming what that means, you not feel that much resistance with those cars compared to formel 1 or indycar ?

• edited July 28

Wrong assumption, formula 1 cars also have power steering.

Under no circumstances you should be able to turn the wheel with one finger (which is the case even with the CS DD+ with FFB set to 100 and in-game strength set to 10). The FFB in this cars (and many other actually) is just broken with game update 1.49 and Polyphony needs to fix this with an upcoming patch.

• ok. how those cars feel in iRacing self ? i never play with those cars before

• edited July 28

In iRacing you can set the FFB strength for every car differently to suit your liking. With proper settings you get a LOT of steering resistance.

Something which is not possible in GT7. You have just one global setting, not saved per car, and when you can still turn the wheel with one finger when this global setting is set to the max value (10) then its simply broken.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited July 28

you can change in your real car the FFB strength ? that makes little think what maybe is the GT goal?

but like i tell i never actually play with those so not know how bad they are

best probaply would be if some real Super Forumula driver comments how those car feels in track

• edited July 28

We dont need real Super Formula car drivers to tell us that those cars require more strength to turn the wheel instead of a little finger.

I mean, when you want to contribute something to this discussion, then please at least try it to feel for yourself how bad it is.

The FFB is broken in these cars with the latest update. Fullstop.

• if makes you happy then its not Fanatec issue, i read that other company steering wheels have issues as well with this update

• I agree. It's terrible. Was Fanatec not the official wheel sponsor? These company's need to talk to each other and optimize their offerings.

• It's affecting EVERY wheel manufacturer and has nothing to do with Fanatec. Btw, Fanatec has no say in anything regarding how Polyphony designs their game.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited July 28

its very easy make mistake in game developers by just add accidentally one number smaller to the ffb and then it affects every product.

Fanatec or any other company does not have access stuff like this

• another thing is even if Polyphony knows already that there is a issue.

it's not that easy make upgrades in PS as they need wait License keys or something like this.

• I have been running both DD+ and CSL DD PRO today on 1.49 ...... here is the best settings I found on the pro

sen auto

ff100

ffs peak

NDP 0/20/40/60/80 (this is the only variable on my 5 set ups for feel)

nfr off

nin off

int 2

fei 100

for 100

spr 100

dpr 100

in game settings ...... formula cars 8-10 setting in game TQ 3-5 sensitivity TQ

other cars 6-8 TQ setting and 1-2 sensitivity in game

I switch between set ups for Natural Damp. but 0 seems best for me ........ try it, sounds like we are all hating this game this week

• Markus TMarkus T Member

PD has added a different FFB model for some of the extremely fast cars some time ago (that was the reason of the initial change in 1.15). E.g. the fastest Tomahawk has it.

Maybe they've added the Super Formula to that list?

• edited September 27

Are there any news on that?

I have the same FFB problems since 1.49 with very strong cars. You can't really feel the road but on the other hand some FFB effects are extremely strong. That strong that I'm not able to hold the steering wheel anymore.

I don't want to mess with all settings just for the formula and some other strong cars. The Group 3 and Group 4 cars feel quite good and I change a lot the cars I'm driving.

• You would need to ask this is the GT7 forum as it's a game issue. AFAIK there was nothing ever mentioned or aknowledged from them in this regard at all so I would not expect a fix anytime soon...

• Yeah, I also thought it's a GT7 issue but I thought I may missed a solution because it got very quiet around this topic.

I assume they'll wait with the next bigger update until the GT7 championship is over.

I think it doesn't make sense to make these changes in between.