CSW 2.5 graphic/audio stutters while turning after 35-40 min.

I started having this problem early this year and its been driving me nuts. A temporary solution has been to turn "off" and then "on" the CSW just before getting on grid but by the end of a race or stint(enduro) the choppiness comes back. This only happens when turning the wheel. The graphics/audio stutter and progressively get worse as time goes on until I turn off the CSW and on again. I experience this issue in all of my Sim Racing games after about the same length of time. Also, if I leave a Sim when the problem occurs and load up any other game like Helldivers 2, I experience the same issue - when turning the wheel the game becomes choppy. Again, turning the wheel off and on again solves the problem for another 40 min. I do not feel any stuttering in FFB. Has anyone experienced this?

*I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and chipset drivers from mobo website (Gigabyte) to no avail.

*I've tried different USB ports to no avail.

*Latest drivers from Fanatec. This was the only change that I can remember doing before this problem occurred but I haven't tried to revert firmware / drivers and all seems fine when. Dunno maybe I have to roll back(never tried) but I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone had the same issues.

PC is a bit dated but works fine otherwise:

CSW 2.5 / Elite V2 pedals with LC (pedals are connected via USB)

i7-7700k

32GB RAM

(2) M.2 OS/Game drives

GTX 4080

1440p single display

LAN only

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited July 30

to you try other usb cable ?

it sound little like you need ground your rig

i to saw once that fanatec control panel heavily lag when turning the wheel.

not know tho if that is something todo with this.

• Thank you. I haven't tried to use a new USB cable because it is a problem that happens over time and not right away. The Fanatec USB cable is right angle 90 degrees and I don't know if a standard cable will fit. I will try.

• I uninstalled the driver (455) and installed older driver 451. I believe this has solved the problem. Thanks again.

• as far if it works. no need update