Can’t start my Gran Turismo DD extreme with my PS5 /GT7

Hello,

i just received and installed my GT dd extreme and v3 pedals. Everything fine, connected to my ps5. But doesn’t?t work. When I push the PS5 button on the wheel nothing happens. The on/off is blue.

i can push all off the buttons on the wheel and absolutely nothing happens on the wheel screen.

please help!

Comments

• you could try first in pc , if that works at there

• Assuming youve plugged the USB in? and the PS5 is on?

When you turn the wheelbase on, does the OLED on the wheel show anything?

• Hi, I don’t have a PC, I have a MAC. I have an old PC with Vista so don’t work for firmware update.

• For sure my PS5 is on and the USB is plugged, I tried to plug on front first, and on back of the PS5.

when I turn on I have written fanatec on the wheel, and after that I can push any of the buttons on the wheel and nothing happens on the wheel screen or on the PS5.

It worked well with my ps5 for 5 minutes. When i started again it didn.t work.

I have found a PC and updated the pedals, but i have big issues with the DD. My PC see it connected but the fanatec software don't see it conected, so can't make the update. The light is red, not flashing. The screen on the wheel is completely OFF, even if i push the tuning menu button.

I need to open a ticket. I can't find how to open a ticket!

This is a very bad experience!

Help!

• this is even impossible to turn off the base. I have to unplug the power cord!

• this is your problem, and i have the same problem waiting for RMA but they dont answer for 1.5 month now, good luck

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/31363/help-stuck-on-update-mode-and-doesn-t-update

• Fortunately I have found a PC and updated all the devices.

now everything is up to date. Wheel and base are working, but gran turismo on my PS5 don’t recognize the pedals v3, and they are correctly connected to base with RJ12.

so bad experience…

3 days to try to play, 3 days lost in updates and searching for solutions online, and still not working

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 4

for some-reason Fanatec thinks that everyone have the PC when user buy device actually for PS

sorry for you bad experience

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited August 4

Eric your pedal issue may be calibration related. Check in the PC driver for pedals moving properly first. If not then try toggling auto calibration - sometimes the setting get stuck in the base memory. Auto calibration uses the max movement on each to set max value and stores that. Manual lets you set the range. Brake force on load cell is adjustable in the tuning menu for BRF - 0 is most sensative/least pressure needed, 100 requires the most force. Somehwere 60-80 should be good

If you get good range on all then in GT7 go to options controllers calibration. There are settings for min max. See if you can set there. In GT7 also try pressing and holding each pedal for 3 secs - this tells the game max force for each.

I have V3 and they work fine in GT7

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 4

he not have a PC

so how user can calibrate without PC ? when he buy this device for the PlayStation

• he’ll have to hope auto cal is set and that works or borrow one again to work on it. There is no real option to being a Fanatec user longterm w/o a PC. One of many things we can gripe about w Fanatec but not unknown beforehand and not going to change soon.

I bought a cheap LT mainly for that and an automobile diag tool, otherwise I use a Mac