is a new wheel necessary?

Hi all,

I want to avoid buying gear just to buy gear. I know we all been there and some of us are still stuck there.

I currently have 2 steering wheels:

• Fanatec WRC Elite is for WRC10
  • Fanatec CS Formula V2.5X is for FM

I am looking into Assetto Corsa Competizione and I dont know but I have been looking at DTM / GT wells. I do like by V2.5X and I am getting used to a 280mm wheel. Is a DTM / GT wheel necessary?

Does a DTM / GT wheel have added value to them compared to the formula wheels?

I am looking at this one:

Comments

• mainly for immersion, if you prefer when driving a car with a GT style wheel. The larger diameter is nice in some circumstances.

The dials are mappable in ACC same as the ones on the V2.5. Advanced Paddle module works the same on both, if you have it on the V2.5, I have one and like it a lot but there’s a bug for PS that has some duplicate button maps that came in w the DD+ FW so I don’t use it as much atm. Leather is my preference but Alacantra is a choice. There’s also a round version w a Fanatec logo

Not cheap and a bit heavier than the other 2 you have so if you are running on a 5nm or 8nm base you might notice a bit less force

• Hi Neil,

Thank you for your reply. This helps a lot. I hope others reply also the more the better. I have a CS DD - peak is at 12Nm I think but for now I am running it at 8Nm for both WRC and FM. I am also running it on PC and Xbox fro back up.

• If you want the display and you have a smartphone like an iPhone then I'd suggest downloading the Fanatec app. If you get your IP address on your computer you just sync it up via wifi to your phone and you suddenly have the display and more on the phone. It works wonderfully.

• Thanks for your reply Nate. That is not what I am after. I am not after a DD on a steering wheel or a DDU for that matter. I am referring to the steering wheel itself. is it necessary to have a Steering Wheel for each class that one is driving.

• Simagic GT Neo, but you will an emulator such as those sold by SRM here in the UK, to get FFB

• I know this is a late response, but no, you do not. I currently have two wheels for my CS DD. A 2021 LE F1 wheel and the Clubsport Steering Wheel RS. I use AC, ACC, F1 2023, and AMS2. I have no need for another wheel, though, I do want a new one just because. So, again, no, you have everything you need.