Round steering wheel with qr2

I currently have the F1 style wheel but am looking for a round wheel with the qr2. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Hello?? Support? I want to purchase a Wheel but need help Fanatec!!!

• joris roodjoris rood Member
    edited September 1

It's a good question though!

The ClubSport RS is "QR2 ready".... it says "coming soon"... What does that mean?

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-rs

• You can order any Fanatec steering wheel listed with QR1 and is QR2 ready, It can be upgraded from QR1 by ordering the wheel online and either adding the QR2 Wheel side adapter manually or when automatically prompted for the type of Quick Release type you want with your wheel in your ordering CART, you will however have to pay the extra full price of a QR2 on top of the price of the wheel with QR1.

I believe that if you do get the Fanatec Wheel with a QR2 WS adapter you don't get the original QR1 WS piece or any discount for its removal either (Not 100% on this bit though).

• Right, that makes sense, thanks a lot!

I ques, when the prompt allows you to pick the QR2, it automatically means the wheel is able to handle more than 8nm.

otherwise it would prompt the 'QR2 light', right?

• Couldn't say with any certainty on that assumption about the greater than 8Nm side of things, as the type of steering wheel (Cheaper Plastic housings - such as CSL models of Mclaren, WRC, BMW) can limit the force to low or 8Nm mode regardless of plastic QR1 lite or QR2 light.

In my opinion:

The Plastic QR1 lite was never any good, might get away with it on a 4nm or less Motor, but not 6-8nm or higher DD motor.

The Plastic QR2 lite seems to be much more robust and capable of 8-15nm with DD, However I would always recommend spend the extra on metal versions of either of the above.

Higher priced Clubsport and Podium based Steering Wheel and hubs (Formula 2.5, Porsche 911 GTR3, World GT Challenge) are more likely, made of better Plastic / re-enforced carbon fiber or metal so can take the higher than 8nm forces produced by higher end DD motors.

• thank you for your insights.