Fanatec just sent me pedals with burned HAL. Can I get new one somewhere?

Just got my CSL pedals with LoadCell kit today. Clutch pedal however hasn't been working right from the start. When connected to throttle pedal, pedals are not shown in Fanatec SW, if connected to LoadCell itself, not shown in 'USB pedals' section and same goes for USB adaptor.

After few minutes work I had my clutch pedal disassembled and found out that HAL sensor on small PCB seems freaking toasted. It seems funny it got this 'QC' sticker on the other side when clearly this thing has ben faulty from the beginning, fried dead while soldering already in the factory.

Now waiting for reply from Fanatec. After digging deeper I found out since Fanatec is bankrupt and currently being held at german court for insolvency, so I hope I will get some refund or new HAL sensor. Production cost of such component is bellow few euros and having such a cheap thing faulty on a EUR130 product is crazy.

On the picture uploaded you can see black area around the burned chip.

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on some replacement board with HAL sensor with samer specs? Shape doesn't matter, I can fabricate my own housing.

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 10

perhaps show opposite image from the board ?

can you look very close and what is typed there in that sensor?

also you issue could be somewhere else if that burn out

• edited August 10

Only the QC sticker. I don't have good enough camera to take a better photo of the chip, but it seems like one of the traces is burned as well. When doing FW upgrades during first start, one of procedures hanged for half an hour before I finaly killed the updater and ran it again. I wonder if this couldn't be the actual reason.

It could also be burned right from the factory and also reason why first update failed.

The HAL chip itself doesn't seem to have any designation on it and same goes for the (probably) diode under it. There's only motherboard designation which didn't get me anywhere on search engines.

• depends what numbers typed in that chip, by default it may cost less than 3 euros

• I will do some deeper dive into it, even would consider making custom PCB and some sort of opensource solution. Arduino solution eventualy. Maybe.

MEANWHILE:

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR HAL SENSOR rendering your clutch or brake pedal unusable, unlike throttle pedal it has a simple and maybe cheap/fast solution depending on where you live. Just order a HAL sensor ebrake from Aliexpres and use its internals for your pedals. THIS WORKS FOR PC and some titles ONLY as mentioned pedal will be registered as new device.

YOU CAN PLAY/TRAIN EVEN WHILE WAITING FOR FANATEC SUPPORT like I do now. I will make a separate topic for this.