Clubsport v1 pedals

Hi. I have just got a old set of clubsport v1 pedals and i am struggling to find a driver and get them to work. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 26

by default game controllers hardware should work without factory drivers. i guess those are not made like this ?

you could try use v3 drivers but i have no idea if they actually work

• Yeah i also got an old fanatec porsche gt2 wheel which i got the driver for and it detected my pedals but there was no adjustments to be made. I also tryed to download the V3 driver but that program refused to start. So if there are no drivers. Are there another way to put inn top and bottom deadzones for the input outside of games?

• Search DiView, there are many video instructions on Youtube.

It's a simple program, and it works with any device.

Or FreeJoy, it seems more complicated and "dangerous", but I don't know if it works with all devices. Also in this case you will find many tutorials on Youtube.

• Update:

got the diview working. But found out that my throttle only starts to register input after pressing it 50% inn. A common issue ive found out, tried to clean the sensor but now it only registers input from 50% pedal to 75% pedal lol.

but since the v1 and v3 basically have the same layout i want to buy a new set of v3, but have read that they have the same sensor issue. Do anyone know if its a problem so common that the v3 is not worth buying?

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 27

for me it sound more like its a software, depends what sensor it have,but if i think what it is , it can have negative polarity and positive, and it sounds like diview reads only positive ?

or you simply not calibrate correctly

• DiView also accepts negative values, but due to some bug it does not accept pressing the "-" key. To work around the problem, open a .TXT file, write your negative value, if you need it, and then copy and paste it into the DiView box.

• Activate Raw reading, read the minimum value in red, then press the pedal and read the maximum value also in red. Open the calibration box and report the two values. You can add 2 or 3% to the minimum value and subtract it from the maximum value to have dead zones. The central value is the sum of the two values ​​divided by 2. You will see that the pedal will reach 100%.

• No but it is a sensor problem. Its not reading anything from the first 5cm of travel and then start from 1%-100% in the last 5cm. So a deadzone will not make the sensor read earlier on the travel. I have seen that this issue is rather common on the 3 clubsport pedals. I have decided to get a new set of pedals because the clubsport v1 is way too old anyway haha. Thanks for the innput. Many replies very fast, this is a great community. ❤️

• depends off sensor. magnet can be at wrong place as well if its hal sensor

• If the throttle is similar to the V3, it might be as simple as the screw/bolt holding the shaft with the magnet for reading its position might be loose allowing additional movement causing issues. The tip of the small bolt is pointed in a ^ shape, and it must seat in the corresponding hole to hold the magnet in proper alignment with the Hall sensor. I get this problem every winter when I gets cold the metal contracts and it slides loose.

this video at the 2:05 mark shows removing the bolt I’m speaking about: https://youtu.be/DdVKtHihURE?si=sQTeLNWzF7Thkq2O

the whole video may provide more info to help as well