CSL DD + CSP V1 : iRacing's pedal vibrations messes gas pedal calibration

I reinstalled iRacing after years of not playing the game and was absolutely delighted to discover that the break pedal now vibrates when I lose grip! What an amazing feature!

But...

When the vibration activates, it messes the calibration of the gas pedal : the value now only goes up to 79%, both in iRacing and the Fanatec desktop app. If I disconnect/reconnect my CSP v1 it goes back to normal, until the pedal vibrations are triggered again and it's back to 79%, pedal-to-the-metal. I recalibrated the gas pedal in iRacing to have 79% the top value but as soon as I change track, the pedal will lose again some top value as soon as the vibrations are triggered (-1 or 2%). And again if I recalibrate and then change track. I'm down to 75% so far.

It took me a while to figure what was messing with the gas pedal and I haven't managed to reproduce the problem outside of iRacing. My gas pedal was still 100% after dozens of minutes of playing in other games, whereas it took a few seconds in iRacing.

Has anyone seen that before? Is there a way to disable the vibrations either on the wheel/the app or iRacing itself? The game is unplayable right now because of that.

Is there another game that can control the brake vibrations like iRacing the check if I get the same behavior?

Thanks!

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 29

sounds like vibration is not a good thing for pedals , or fanatec needs remove this auto calibration feature

usually stuff like end dead-zone and beggining dead zone are much more user friendly than a auto calibration

T-LCM for example have those manual deadzone feature.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 29

you could of course add also some simple realy with on/off switch to the motors, then you can self manually control the motors when you want them run or not.

main issue of course is that game may not know when pedals are doing this auto calibration and that messes everything up