CS Formula v2 - Replace toggle switch

Hello,

I broke my right side 2way up/down toggle switch and wondering if it is possible to replace it. Does it require soldering and where can I get a replacement toggle switch?

thanks!

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 10

it depends what part you broke but i guess yeah , you to may need soldering

i not bothering opening my CS Formula v2.5v because it's working

but if show some image about that component , i may have some idea what search for

or you search self at here

also the red thing is switch cover, don't bother search based on that

• Everything is hard soldered to the circuit board inside the wheel.

You will need to de-solder the broken one and solder a new replacement.

You will not be able to buy just the switch from Fanatec and seriously doubt they will sell you a replacement PCB assembly.

Best bet to find a replacement switch would be to de-solder the broken one and see if it has any kind of mfg/part number on it and then try to find one from an electronics supplier.

The switch is a 3 position momentary on with center off type so if you can get the physical dimensions of the switch and how many pins it has, you might be able to match it up with something.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 10

most off components have some numbers typed at they body, based at that what there typed, you may find exact same product

but if user not have any knowledge about those stuff then he may find nothing

• I really didn't want to hear "hard soldered" thanks, I'll open it up and see whats what and ask more questions or fry my wheel...one of the two