Mclaren V2 ACC missing downshift

Hello All!

I've been using the mclarenv2 with csl dd pro for a year and I notice that sometimes the car just does not down shift at first attempt in assetto corsa compettizione (driving the mclaren evo 2 ). Have you faced anything similar? Is it my wheel or a generic issue?

Note that when I test the shifting up or down in the Fanatec app, I do not see any missing shifts.

Thanks!

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 13

only thing what i could ask, to you seen that with some other race games?

based only a one game its hard to tell anything

• Tiago MatosTiago Matos Member
    edited September 13

Unfortunately I really only play acc. I couldn't find anything specific about this so, I'm more looking towards it being a physical issue with the device or my problem in driving

• Hi, I share my experience (I use ACC both on PC and XBOX series) . Pay attention your RPMs. Perhaps it is not an issue but it's just the downshift protection that is a real function of racing cars that is simulated in ACC. If downshifting in the wrong conditions the engine would go "over-revving"", the car simply doesn't allow the downshift. This function is intended to save the engine of the car. I also faced this situation (CSL DD + McLaren V2) and than looking on many platform (Kunos, Steam, Fanatec and other forum) I realized that it wasn't an hardware issue, but a function of the modern racing car simulated.

on very old threads I also read about a problem of FanaLab (if you play on PC) that caused some input problems when it was running in background, but in the most recent version this issue was solved.

• old days probably it was opposite, engine braking, was a thing what allowed brake car faster, but yes downside is, car engine lifetime would be then much shorter

never think ed about that over-revving tho, i to have ACC as-well but i actually never notice that