DD pro and DD+ on PS5 split screen

Hello everyone,

My son and I enjoy driving together in F1 and GT7 on split screen mode and we have noticed that the second player receives no FFB. Is there a setting I’m missing? How can we get full FFB on both wheels from the PS5 at once like in the video below.

in this video, they were able to get 4 wheels working at once:

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 19

yeah, something like this not even supported in PC self, its the drivers limitation

i can easily run multi games at same time in my PC, but not same company steering wheel hardware

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited September 19

this multi player stuff self is not new. those even existed at PlayStation one, at that day we had shit tv screen but he todo the work and still had allot the fun with friends

• You don’t mention which 2 wheel base models you are using - are they both Fanatec? Which ones? Or what things you’ve tried?

Did you try:

Changing which wheel is first?

Trying different PS modes on the wheel?

Tried auto in the wheel setup menu?

Both bases powered before PS starts?

Both bases powered after PS is up? In the video 3 logi’s and one Fanatec - brand comms will be slightly different

Sounds like the buttons and steering inputs register, correct?

For player 2 did you check the settings under controller to make sure torque is not set to lowest?

Some other thoughts as game may not be registering wheel properly - start game FIRST , sign in both users then on second wheel try:

Remove and replace wheel w base powered - there is a bit of initialization the base does when this happens

Disconnect and reconnect the wheel using the PS controller menu

Unplug/replug usb cable on 2nd wheel

• edited September 20

Thanks for the comment.

I am using a DD pro and a DD+ on PS5.

i have swapped wheels back and forth P1 and P2 and using different ports. They both work fine on their own, but P2 gets no FFB when both are on.

during split screen P2 inputs and steering all work fine but just no FFB.

i have tried cycling power on and off with no effect. I haven’t yet tried removing the rim and powering off and adding the wheel while in game yet. Will try that when I get home.

someone on Reddit had a similar problem using two Logitech G29’s and was advised by Logitech that this issue is on ps5 with two of the same wheels. I am suspicious that this issue might apply with DD pro and DD+ in a similar way.

hopefully fanatec has some input on this. I’m tempted to buy a Logitech wheel to try in split screen with one of the fanatec wheels but I’d prefer to just use the gear I have.

• I suspect Fanatec would point to PD about that. If the reddit post is correct that two wheels ID as the same, then PD would have to fix as each base IDs uniquely in some way - driver control panel sees the diff on PC - but PD treats them as the same with regard to setup at least for DD Pro and DD+

So how to trick GT into seeing 2 different wheels was thinking behind many of my suggestions - getting the game to see an “added” device uniquely

Also did you try purple and light blue modes on the DD+ before connecting up? Purple will ID as an older base - don’t let the PS5 or GT7 see the base before changing mode

If PD uses only brand as the qualifier then might be hopeless for ANY fanatec base. Another option would be trying the Collective Minds Drivehub, which can emulate a logitech wheel. A bit cheaper than buying a logi wheel set maybe

• I did try cycling between PS4, PS5 and compatibility modes.

the issue persists in F1 also, so I don’t think it’s a PD issue, but probably a PS5 one.

Do you know if the drive hub is capable of actually making the PS5 see a fanatec base as a Logitech one?

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited September 20

Ah didn’t know F1 did split screen. PS5 or Fanatec SDK then

Regarding modes, base would have to be in that mode before the PS5 sees it, not after, just to be clear. I would have thought DD+ purple mode might work oh well

Interesting the guy in the video had 3 logi wheels going tho

yes DH has a logi mode

Discussion here is pretty active

docs - “https://collectiveminds.gitbook.io/drivehub

Sorry about the quotes - forum doesn’t like the url for some reason

• Just updating here. I contacted collective minds and they told me that this would not work.

im ready to break down and buy a Logitech G pro and replace one of the fanatec units with it.

i also have a ps5 pro on order so I’m curious if the ps5 pro would actually work with two fanatec rigs better, but I don’t have high hopes.

of course, I know that my son and I can use the two consoles with arguably better results, but we want to drive side by side and spend time together this way.

anyone have any feedback before I give in and order the G pro wheel? I hate having to go that way but I don’t know how else to get both fanatecs working properly.

this is unfortunate as the G pro has been confirmed by the Logitech community to work flawlessly with two G pros in split screen. I wish and hope fanatec has a fix.