V3 Throttle Pedal Lags on PS5 F1 games

When I press the throttle pedal it doesn’t actually engage the in game car until the throttle passes about 25%. The game throttle shows about 25% of pedal being depressed and the car doesn’t move until I go pass that point.

Is this a normal? Should there be that much lag between the V3 and the game? I have cleaned the Hall sensor and I did find the inner spacer for the circuit board was broken and missing a piece.

Comments

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited September 29

i have V3 pedals and they work fine w f1 series on PS5 - sounds like a big dead zone may be set. Dead zone sets the level of pressure required before a braking input signal starts

First if you have a PC do the pedals respond normally in the driver control panel? If yes then no HW issues likely

In the PC control panel there is manual and auto calibration - manual lets you set max and min values - check there to make sure you don’t have a big deadzone set. Auto sets max and min after you start the base and hold each pedal for 2+ secs

Sometimes the pedals can get odd settings stored - switching Auto on and off will clear them

In the F1 games under the controller/wheel setups, there is a calibration menu item. Check there is no deadzone set. You can also set linearity which is helpful for braking

There is a button test option in the setup as well - you can see pedal and steering response as well as buttons