Looking for original plastic screw type wheel hub connector

Ok, odd ball thing. I have the 8nm DD GT wheel set up.

I’m looking for the wheel hub attachment just the plastic part that screws on the wheel hub.

I have my sim rig set up for racing and flight.

I have a 15 inch touch screen monitor, extremely light weight, I want to attached it to the wheel while in flight mode.

any ideas on where to get one

Comments

• Maybe you can find something on Etsy a lot of great stuff to find there 😉

• edited October 2

I'm not sure if you mean a phone/tablet mount?

This kind of thing?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1333104263/fanatec-phone-and-tablet-mount-universal?ref=share_v4_lx

• I don’t know exactly what you need but you can find it there if you search good

• Dean HolmesDean Holmes Member
    edited October 2

Thank you for the feed back, I have that phone mount and it works great when racing.

What I’m looking for is something similar that will use the quick connect and go onto the steering column. When I’m in flight sim mode, I remove the steering wheel. If I could mount my 15” touch screen on to the steering column, it would be placed perfect, central to the main screen and just below.

i want to be able to switch back and fourth between racing and flight, so being removable from the fanatec base would be great. Note while flying the fanatec is off so it won’t turn.

thanks

• Dean HolmesDean Holmes Member
    edited October 2

This is my rig. I have Fanatec Clubsport Pedals behind the Thrustmaster TPR Rudder. With two wing nuts, the Rudder comes off, and the pedals are on a seat slider that slides towards the seat.

I have Winwing HOTAS Max set up for flying, slide the seat back for flying and forward for driving. The joystick unscrews from the base, allowing full access to the handbrake and shifter.

I can convert between the two in under 2 minutes.

When I'm in flight mode, I remove the steering wheel; I want to put the new 15" touch monitor below on the steering column.

I usually have a 10" Android tablet for racing, but I removed it while testing the 15" for flight instruments.

For flights, I use Airmanger, which allows me to put flight instruments on and interact with them through the touch-enabled screen.

Being off to the left is not ideal, especially while landing and taking off; if I can put on the steering column, it would be in perfect view, on top of the Fanatec where the phone currently is, would be too high.

• A picture says it all. Sorry can't be any help. Hopefully you'll get it sorted. Quite an interesting setup you got there.

• You could use a QR1 wheel side which an old broken wheel could provide if you could find one. Or 3d print a cylindrical mount to fit. Or rig something using PVC pipe if close enough. Or build a brakcet to use the 4 accessory holes on the front of the base (there for fixed shifter paddles)

• I think I found what I was looking for on eBay, $39.00

The plan is to attach a homemade tablet holder to this and then screw it onto the Fanatec steering column.

Pick up some 1/4 plywood, paint it black (Just like Jagger), and attach this QR1 to one side and a small, lightweight Vesa mount to the other.

The touch screen has two Vesa mounting holes; this would allow a small degree of adjustment.

I think this will work.