CSL DD Continuously Calibrates when ClubSport Wheel Attached

I have a new ClubSport F1 v2 wheel attached to a new CSL DD wheelbase. When I attach the wheel to the wheelbase it starts calibrating (moving both clockwise & counterclockwise) but never stops. There is no connectivity to the PC while this is happening.

If I disconnect the wheel, then the DD does a brief calibration, the PC sees the wheelbase & I can update the firmware, etc. If I then connect the wheel, it'll just start calibrating.

While in the never-ending calibration loop, the LED on the wheelbase will be red, but periodically flashes green.

Both devices are brand new. This is their first use.

Firmware: Wheel Base: 1.1.11.3, Wheel Base Motor: 1.0.3.2, Wireless QR: 6.0.1.1, Pedals: 1.8, Wheel: <unknown>

Is there something I can do to correct this? Or is the wheel/wheelbase defective?

I've opened a support ticket, but w long response times I'm hoping there's an easy fix.

Comments

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited October 8

Generic answer is:

1) Post latest dated archives of all your Fanatec Log files so other can see what issues are happening with the software and possibly offer better solutions.

2) Try undoing the clamp, removing and then re-inserting the main drive shaft into the CSL DD motor, ie, shaft should be firmly pushed in so that there is no gap between shoulders of both the motor shaft and wheel / QR shaft, re-tighten the clamp to spec Nm.

3) Does it happen with other steering wheels (If not, then the Formula Wheel may be just faulty) ???

• The wheelbase is attached to a table with Fanatec's table clamp, which I apparently over-tightened and caused this problem.

Thanks MadDog-IC: without your suggestion I wouldn't have found this. Tightening the clamp puts a negative force on the center of the wheelbase. I'm guessing (from your comments about the shaft) that over-tightening created enough of a gap to make it fail.

Loosening it a few turns made everything work.

The real answer is to avoid the clamp & mount on a proper rig.