CSL Elte Mclaren firmware update loop

I have had an intermittent problem for about a year with my CSL DD 8nm wheelbase and Mclaren GT3 V2 wheel where sometimes upon connecting the wheel via QR1 a firmware update window will open unprompted. This window does not do anything, there is no new firmware, and upon updating it simply opens itself.

Restarting my computer, powering down my wheelbase, disconnecting and reconnecting my wheel do not make this issue go away.

Past forum posts have said reseating the wheel shaft fixed it. I have done this 3 times this year with this issue, the previous 2 it fixes it for about a week then comes back, most recent attempt it did not help.

Sometimes when this issue happens I leave it for a few days and it goes away.

Also when Fanatec Control Panel is open, once the wheel base is connected and the firmware updater opens, FCP stops detecting the wheel base, presumably as it has gone into update mode and the power button is flashing all its colours.

All base, pedal and wheel firmware is up to date

Comments

• flashing color may come from shaft , so either you have steering wheel connection issue or shaft issue. or something is in loose at inside steering wheel self.