ISR review of the CSR Elite

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

There are a lot of rumors going on and i would like to give you some first hand information so you can make up your mind.

There is also a thread on the ISR forum and I would like to reply to that.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=5873

1. It is true that we did not send a review unit yet. At the same time it is also true that no other press account have received a review unit so far.

2. As matter of fact, I am trying to arrange a call with Shaun to disccuss a few things which are related to our relationship with ISR. I never made any conditions how they have to make this review but there are other issues we need to get sorted out. This is about ISR and Fanatec and has nothing to do with the employment of Darin.

This call did not happen so far.

3. ISR waited several months for a GT5 review and still waits with the FM4 review and the official reason was to wait until the develooper was able to patch the game and solve all major issues. ISR already complained about the driver so why is there such a rush to review the wheel ?

4. ISR decided to stop doing Fanatec reviews with Darin as soon as Darin worked for us. This is a very reasonable policy so why would they want to change that after Darin explicitely mentioned that the relationship ended "so so"?

If ISR makes a review now many people would expect that they do it without Darin in their own interest so this is something I did not even mention and certainly not ask for.

5. I am very happy to work with ISR but unfortunately Darin announced that ISR will make no more reviews of Fanatec products. I accept this decision although I regret it. ISR has always been a great partner and good source for simracing reviews.

It is a very unfortunate decision for the community as well. Many people were looking forward to that review

This is the reason why you will probably not see a review of the CSR Elite. But perhaps I will get a phone call and the situation changes. In any case, I will try to arrange other professional simracing reviewers to have a look at the wheel and the community reviews are of great quality and may be more objective than anything out there.