Fanatec driver V273 for CSW V2.5 (only)

Please discuss topics related to driver v273 in here.

Known issues so far:
Windows 7 KB issue -> Windows 7 asks for a patch which is already installed. It is a problem with Windows versions which do not update properly anymore. The core of the issue is that sometimes Windows does not accept a new certificate for the driver. Now we do have to integrate and old signature into the driver which is already known by older core Windows versions.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Hi Armin My Gaming PC Has windows 10 Anniversary Edition...This PC updates But DR/FW is Not working as it should... See Pic below... The wheel Shows up 2x in the Fanatec Wheel properties page and will Not work Correctly. The 2nd PC has windows 7/64bit... This PC will Not Accept Dr 243 update at all... this Means I have Not been able to test the V2.5 wheel on this PC to test if the Dr 243 work better on Win 7/64 bit than it works with Win 10/64bit Currentlty on both PC i have Reflashed and use Dr 250/FW 176 with the V2 i like the Feel of this FW best and it also works perfect on Both PC. as it is Now i have Hooked My V2 wheel back up and it is working well on both PC's... The V2.5 remains back in its box awaiting a New FW to be tested. Is there a way that i can test the New FW that is being worked on??? akso if there is a better Quicker/way to communicate than posting in the forum please Email or inbox Me to provide Me this option... I will be Happy to test and Communicate My findings back to Fanatec. Thank you
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi Lorrell,

it is perfectly normal that the CSW V2.5 shows up 2 times. We will write an FAQ article to explain why this is the case. What do you mean by "is not working as it should"? We know that there is an issue with Windows 7 as explained above. This will be corrected asap!

We are already working on a new firmware of the CSW V2.5 also which will further improve the FFB to unleash its full potential.

All the best,
    Armin
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Armin 

thank you for clearing that up for me...I did not Know that it was Normal for the V2.5 to show up 2x in the Driver control panel.

I'm using windows 10/64bit w/Fanatec_64_driver_273

In order to use the wheel the PC must be restarted before every use...if you put the PC to sleep or the wheel disconnects for any reason when you try to access the wheel properties page you can not do so and the wheel does Not work as it should in game...I've only used the wheel a 30 min or so due to the DR/FW issue...i don't know which 1 it is??? but the wheel does Not yet have the good feel that the standard V2 has...I Fully believe this to be just a DR/FW optimization issue that i trust will be sorted out very soon.
    Please see included Video.

[Video]

• edited March 2017
    Hello Armin

is it possible that i may be able to beta test this new Dr/Fw for the CSW V2.5
    If so I'm using windows 10/64bit for my Main Gaming PC...also i have a second Gaming PC using windows 7/64bit.
    both PC's are in the same room and i can test the DR/FW for both systems.

• edited March 2017
    Hi Lorrell,

it is perfectly normal that the CSW V2.5 shows up 2 times. We will write an FAQ article to explain why this is the case. What do you mean by "is not working as it should"? We know that there is an issue with Windows 7 as explained above. This will be corrected asap!

We are already working on a new firmware of the CSW V2.5 also which will further improve the FFB to unleash its full potential.

All the best,
    Armin
    Great choice of words!!! i can feel the Speed, Power and Potential of the V2.5 just begging to be released =D>
  • edited March 2017
    I had a problem with mine on Windows 10.  Took quite a few reboots for the control panel to show up and each time it would only flash one half of the base and then i needed a reboot to make any progress.

Eventually when both devices (presuming its motor + base) had flashed the properties page loaded up correctly.  Before then it was not loading up every time, and therefore not flashing.

Before i could get through that stage the wheel would not calibrate centre.

What potential is not unlocked in the firmware yet?   Im nosey (and techincal) :D
  • I had a problem with mine on Windows 10.  Took quite a few reboots for the control panel to show up and each time it would only flash one half of the base and then i needed a reboot to make any progress.

Eventually when both devices (presuming its motor + base) had flashed the properties page loaded up correctly.  Before then it was not loading up every time, and therefore not flashing.

Before i could get through that stage the wheel would not calibrate centre.

What potential is not unlocked in the firmware yet?   Im nosey (and techincal) :D
    I had the same thing happen then the wheel eventually fashed Wheel FW then motor FW...

Did you watch my Video thats posted a few post above??? If Not Can you please watch it tell me if your having the same problem accessing the driver control panel features if you power cycle the wheel as seen in the video??? it would be Good to figure out if its just a isolated issue with My PC only or is it like this in General with Windows 10/64bit and the Dr_273
  • edited March 2017
    I couldnt watch your whole video but yes, having tested turning the wheel off and then on again i can no longer access the properties page.  I dont try this often as i dont touch the properties and make all my adjustments with iracing.

The FFB is however working within iracing.

Eairlier on though i entered iracing and the FFB was dead so i had to go for a restart (after a wheel power cycle).

Something about the driver is either partially or complely dropping out causing either the properties page to not load up or FFB to die.  Guessing the properties page is having an exception handling problem.

Having said this it isnt a major problem for me and i have been playing iracing all day turning the wheel off several times so it is not often the wheel's FFB totally dies.  Id say dont panic and it looks like a driver bug.  I dont mind providing logging if anyone needs it and its not too ardueous.

• Hello Armin Does the V2.5 work with Driver 261???
  • Just received the 2.5 base today with the P1 wheel and the formula black wheel. The first time when I plugged it in with the P1 wheel it was showing some information on the LCD screen (firmware version I think) and I was able to toggle from xbox mode to PC mode. I am on Windows 10. On running 273, it asked me to install the latest firmware and I did. After that the P1 wheel stopped working. I am not able to switch to PC mode at all. I also tried the formula wheel (which shows up correctly unlike the otehr wheel ) but the rev light testing and display testing do not work at all. I have not yet been able to play any games with either wheels. Tried plugging into an xbox one with the P1 wheel and fired up Forza Horizon 3, cannot use the xbox controls at all, and on starting the driving scene, the wheel just keep rotating itsef (at high speed, abck and forth) and the pedals connected to it do not work at all. I am pretty sure these are firmware issues since on conencting the pedals on pc at least I am able to see them in the driver software. Waiting keenly for a firmware update. Are you aware of the issues that I mentioned above?
  • Also, is it possible to use the 2.5 base with 261 firmware for the V2 base? I would like to have the basic functionality working asap.
  • ashik make sure you have flashed it twice. 

It needs a motor and a firmware update.  This might help you out.  Reboot and load the fanatec properties page and see if it recomends a flash.  You might need several tries to get the page up.
  • Timothy Dalton, Thanks, but I had already updated it twice (the firmware and then the motor firmware which it said it needs).
    Also, I wanted to report that I have the same issue of having to reboot if I turn off and on the wheel to get the wheel properties application to open. I was able to run asseto corsa with my formula wheel so I know the hardware works (but I am not able to enter the calibration mode and also I as I reported early the rev-led testing and display testing doesn't work anymore after upgrading the firmware). Also, all the issues with the P1 wheel are still unsolved.
  • I played Pcars all Night on PC and all went well... I just Never turned off the wheel until i was done for the Night :D
  • A potential reason for my issue could be that I flashed the firmware more than once. I first pushed the latest firmware and the motor firmware to the wheelbase, then out of frustration with the reboot issue (wheel properties not opening soon without windows reboot), I flashed the same firmware again. It did not ask me to reflash the motor firmware. I suspect that some file in the motor firmware has been overwritten by the first part of the firmware. It would be great if I had a way to flash both firmwares again and in order. But now it shows me only an option to flash the first part of the firmware (of course it's already the laetst, but I can reflash it from the software, which cannot be done for the second part of the firmware, the motor firmware or whatever you call it). Armin, is it possible to get the motor firmware file so that I can try flashing it again?
  • Sunny KanchinSunny Kanchin Member
    edited March 2017
    my only issue is the shift lights/rev display does not work with iRacing on my new v2.5 I received today :( - my v2 before this worked perfectly. Armin! any solution? cheers
    edited March 2017
    Hi Sunny,

the new CSW V2.5 has a new hardware ID which will have to be added into all games and software which controls any of our extended features (display, rev-leds, vibrations, etc). We need to create a new SDK which will happen next week. Please be patient for now!

@ ALL
    Driver 261 should not be used with the CSW V2.5! We are working on a new driver + firmware version right now and will upload it to the forum (first) as soon as possible.
  • Sunny KanchinSunny Kanchin Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Armin, much appreciated.
  • just got my cswv2.5 yesterday did the update and the led and display don't work on iracing . not shure why?
  • just got my cswv2.5 yesterday did the update and the led and display don't work on iracing . not shure why?

also have the bmw rim

• Hi Sunny,

the new CSW V2.5 has a new hardware ID which will have to be added into all games and software which controls any of our extended features (display, rev-leds, vibrations, etc). We need to create a new SDK which will happen next week. Please be patient for now!

@ ALL
    Driver 261 should not be used with the CSW V2.5! We are working on a new driver + firmware version right now and will upload it to the forum (first) as soon as possible.

sorry didn't read all the way.  this helped

New beta driver (v277) has been uploaded:
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/545/fanatec-beta-driver-v277-for-csw-v2-v2-5

Check it out if you do want to help testing!
  • I'm helping out a buddy of mine and I experienced all issues mentioned above with the V2.5 base. Really couldn't get why the properties page didn't open up. I'll try to update the base with new beta firmware And test whenever I'm able.
  • EVERYTHING WORKING GOOD JUST NO DISPLAY OR LED LIGHTS IN SIM

Outdated! Please install newer (beta drivers).

-= Thread closed! =-
This discussion has been closed.