Assetto Corsa (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Those settings should give you software Clipping with an in Game Gain of 100%. In AC the in game gain should be set to 70 max, better 60 to not get software Clipping. Adjust on wheel FFB strength from there on.. With in Game 100 and on wheel 36 you are limited to max 7.2Nm peak which should be the case in nearly every turn... Also you are using way too high NDP. Try to lower this and don't go above 30 max as that kills FFB responsiveness and FFB details a lot together with a FEI setting of just 50 ;) hope those tips help you to get an even better FFB :)
  • Hi all, need a little help. Which setting would I change to lower the force on the wheel when I turn it? This is the force that wants to bring the wheel back to center. In AC, for me this force is too strong. I am using CSW 2.5.

• Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited December 2019

That's what the FFB of AC is all about. The center spring and lots of canned effects. You can try to lower the gain in the settings if that helps. Otherwise just load a track and a car. Hover to right side of the screen and pick the FFB app. and lower the FFB to 70 or so

• Try to lower damper on the base, with my previous CSW V2 I used about 20/40 % dampening.

• @Roberto Roxburgh

The same with mine, do you find out what to do ? It feels not realistic when im Drifting or just driving around in transfa.

• Since I am using the recommend settings for the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 with the Gyro & softlock-tweak and adjusting the strenght per car I love doing trackdays from time to time agian. Driving is a pleasure because the center spring behaves better and the FFB comes nicely thru.

Maybe I am crazy, but it feels better than rFactor 2.

• Having these settings on the 356 driver and DD2 I get some tremendous oscillation with the formula cars. Are these outdated (for the old drivers) or am I doing something wrong?

• To drive Formula cars without having Oscillations is pretty much impossible without lowering the Torque significantly and add tons of Friction and Inertia. Just never take your hands off the wheel while driving...

• edited March 2020

Good to know, thank you! So, would you recommend sticking with these settings?

I was asking partly because I don't remember getting any oscillations playing F1 2019 with Fanatec's recommended settings, worked like a charm. It's a different game, I know, but still this one was a little bit unexpected. :)

• Hi guys, anybody has some updated Drift settings for AC? I really can't quite get the right feel for drifting formula drift cars. It feels horrible with what i am doing.

• Hi,

Barry Rowland from SRG recommends leaving the DD's FFB effect strength at 100% in the wheel and reducing the effects to 30 to 40% in the game. Otherwise fine effects would be cut off.

What now?

• This is clearly wrong as that would lower the FFB resolution from the game too much. Best way is still to find a balance of both lowering base FFB on the DD and Game Gain. 60/60 is a good combo.

• Ok thx, I’ll give it a try.

• Hi Maurice could you share us your latest DD2 setup for this game?

I am seeking an universal ffb in order to be able to use all different cars of the game.

I am using the beta drivers V365. Thank you for your help. 😉

• Don't drive AC anymore so don't have much profiles, sorry.

• I'm searching for the same... Surprised they haven't been updated on the Fanatec side

• Greetings Friends. Please tell me how to center the steering wheel in the assetto corsa? The wheel on the base is right in the game a little to the left.

DD1, 346, wheel BMW and carbon F1.

• Hello, do you know why the settings recommended by fanalab are (very) different from those of the forum (or there is a fanalab link to the forum)

• There was a big update to Fanalab so settings are much different. Not sure why Fanatec hasn’t updated their recommended settings. Maybe because it’s still in beta. I’m totally bummed though. Nothing like dropping $2000 on a steering wheel to not get basic support

• Hey I'm going to make a video but I need help with Assetto Corsa. No matter what I do with my DD2 I can't seem to steer in Assetto Corsa.

The steering wheel turns while in park but once I press the gas the steering doest move enough to let me turn

• Does anyone know what the degrees of rotation (for the wheel) we are supposed to have set in game? I'm using porsche podium wheel and it looks like the game defaults to 826 degrees (which seems totally odd).

I have the wheel settings on the base set to 1080...

• So ive been trying to figure out Asetto Corsa with my DD2 and I am still trying to figure it out its been months.

Whenever I try to drive any car the steering rotation is fine until I hit the gas. When I actually try to press the gas it seems like I lose allt of steering ability. As if I have to turn the wheel all the way over just to make the car turn just a tiny bit to whatever direction. I've tried calibration and setting up my controls but nothing seems to work.

I see other people playing Assetto Corsa with the Dd2 so why am I unable to?

Please help me if you can.. Thank you...

• delete the ac folder in my docs let the game recreate it. then pick a preset for you wheel. i use cs 2.5 mode .

try verify game files in steam

if this dont work. delete the ac folder in steam amd my docs and in app data. re in stall.

• I will try this. Thanks.

• Thank you sir it worked Ike a charm. I just got to enjoy Assetto corsa on pc since the first time ever. And its nice. Have content manager too.

Man thank you so much.

• I give up! Been spending two days trying to setup my DD1 Podium. I've tried to play assetto corsa, ACC and rfactor 2 and none of the settings I've found here gives any of the cars a good feeling. Rfactor being the worst and AC being second to worst. Even Gran Turismo Sport feels better than these three games.

No one has updated the forum after the latest firmware for the base nor the latest version of Fanalabs. I've spent ridiculous large amount of money on my master race pc and on my fanatec gear. Someone, please help me out! I've tried the recommended settings from fanatec but they're not even close to any "real feeling"

• I am having the same problem. I don't want Fanatec to give up AC. This game is still enjoyed by many users. It is natural to update the appropriate FFB profile along with the driver update. This is a 'Support' that should be taken for granted as a product seller. 

This may cause the user to leave. In fact, I am no longer reluctant to purchase Fanatec products.

• Just try some settings on your own and don't simply rely on recommded settings. Everyone's taste regarding FFB is different and even recommended settings are not THE settings to use. Bit of try and error from users is really too much for a lot of people these days....... And BTW, Thrustmaster or Simucube don't even give you any recommendations...

• Remi PrivetRemi Privet Member
    edited October 2020

Hi all,

I try to find the best setup for AC, but I have still have some issues, and I would like to have your point of view,

1) I have some huge vibration on curbs with some cars. Which settings could I lower to reduce this ? It's like if my wheel was about to detach itself from my DD2 base... I reduced road effects to 0, but is it the good way ? I don't think so...

Here are my actual settings, if it can helps someone (be careful with the curbs if you have road effects more than 0%)

I set 60_70% for FFB ingame, and all other stuff to 0, while I don't know which one is responsible for my big curbs shocks. And you can adjust FFB base from 40 to 70 depending on the car.

2) When I play with manuel gear settings in the game, if the car has a manual gearbox, then I can not change gear using my wheel. I tried with "autoclutch" mode, but it does not work. When I set automatic gear settings, then all is fine... Anyone else has this problem ?

Thanks for your help!