Gran Turismo Sport (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
edited December 2021 in Gran Turismo
General Notes:
- The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Gran Turismo Sport (PS4/PS5). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that GT Sport uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 40
FFS Peak
NDP 25
NFR 3
NIN Off
INT 3
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback Max Torque: 5
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 040

In-Game Settings:

Gran Turismo DD Pro

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP 30
NFR Off
NIN Off
INT 3
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:

Comments

• thank you for this post
  • Jim CoudroyJim Coudroy Member
    edited May 2019
    Hello!

I tried those recommended settings but struggled to experience any realistic feel while driving on GT Sport.
    And I don't think they do any justice to the Podium PS4 DD. At first, I almost regret to have wait sooooo long, and pay so much, for an inferior feeling compared to what I have experienced on GT6 with a well setted CSW 2.0. The steering feels very light close to the center and very heavy past 90 degrees. Reactions are way too violent while the FFB feels too light...
    Even my lagging and shaking T500RS gave me a more natural feeling than those settings.

I'm driving sometimes on track in real life.
    Here is the car list that I drove on track: VW Scirroco R, modified Toyota GT86, girlfriend's Renault Megane 3RS 275 and my Honda S2000. I also drove a 2015 Ford Mustang V8 and an Audi RS3 stage 1 on open road.
    But as you can see, no race car or supercar, so I won't affirm anything about the feeling of driving one.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I drive a lot the Megane and the S2000 IRL, and what we were expecting with the Podium PS4, was a feeling as close as a real one when driving both of them in GTSport.
    Fortunately the podium DD is completely tunable.
    I like sometimes to drift, so I setted the FFB with the Porsche 918 Rim instead of the F1 one. It took me 4 hours to find the right settings on GTSport, and 10 more to be sure they still be enjoyable with the vast majority of car and driving style ...

Here are my recommend settings if you want a "close to real" steering wheel feeling:

SEN  AUT
    FF    45
    SHO 100
    ABS 100 (better if you don't use ABS with CSV3 pedals)
    FOR 70
    SPR 80
    DPR 30
    NDP 30
    NFR 90
    BRF OFF (better if you don't use ABS with CSV3 pedals)
    FEI  50

In-Game Settings:
    Force Feedback Sensitivity: 5

Those settings left my girlfriend and me completly stunned by the FFB feel. This is as close as what we experienced through the steering wheel while driving the Megane and the S2000 on open road or on track. (And she perfectly knows how her Renault feel on track too, so her feedback helped me a lot for the last tweaks)

I have never experienced a most realistic FFB before. Completely leaving in the dust my T500RS, and by a fair (huge) margin the CSW 2.0 on GT6.

I tested those settings with a lot of cars. They allow me to enjoy the game in a way I never experienced. All my inputs are smoothed, the lag is inexistent. I can drift smoother and longer than before.
    I feel through the steering wheel every charge transfer I apply to the car. I can even drive fast while sliding or drift the infamous hard to drive Amuse S2000 (the steering feel is close to the assisted steering of my real S2000). It was not the most pleasant car to drive with the T500 RS, but now, this is simply my favourite driving experience on this game.

As for race cars. Just put back the F1 Rim. The smaller diameter allows for a stronger FFB while keeping the same settings, the lightest weight allows for faster reactions, and the auto sensitivity for a shorter steering rack.
    Race car are way more sensitives than road cars, but catching slides is easier than before. Everything feel so natural, so intense, so real...

Another stunning detail. In real life, while driving a road car with moderate caster and 900+ degrees steering rack at constant pace, there is something like 20 degrees around the center where the steering will not self center.
    Sometimes, to check if tires pressure and geometry are balanced in my S2000, at 100 kph, I lightly throw the steering left or right and see how it reacts.
    All I can say is, when I'm doing it in GTSport, same thing happened: steering wheel don't stupidly bounce left or right, but try to gently self center in one or two oscillations maximum.
    You will experienced the same with those settings. This is just incredible. Really. Thanks to the Natural Friction parameter which mimics all the moving parts of the steering between the steering wheel and the road.   

Please test this game without ABS, and you will discover that cars are rotating on the brakes like IRL. The super ABS of GTSport acts more like an ESP while braking, which tone down the driving experience a lot.
    Without it, the feeling is close (and slightly better for me) to the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa.

I want to add that the FFB force is close to the one needed in the Megane and my S2000 equipped with semi-slick tires to rotate the steering wheel. And it's only about 50% of the maximum NM available in peak...

There is no overheating either, even if you play 8 hours straight. But this is not a surprise.

Last thing, the base will cutoff if the FFB force and speed are high and if the wheel doesn't detect that something is actively countering the force. It's a great safety feature even if you don't have the kill switch.

Those settings may not suit those who want to be the most competitive. They are aim to people like me who likes to make a bridge between the virtual and the reality.

Thank you so much Fanatec for this direct drive. This is what I wish to experienced since I get into virtual driving while playing the very first Gran Turismo...

If some real drivers could help to improve those settings, that would be great.
    Best regards.
    Have fun!
  • Hello!

I tried those recommended settings but struggled to experience any realistic feel while driving on GT Sport.
    And I don't think they do any justice to the Podium PS4 DD. At first, I almost regret to have wait sooooo long, and pay so much, for an inferior feeling compared to what I have experienced on GT6 with a well setted CSW 2.0. The steering feels very light close to the center and very heavy past 90 degrees. Reactions are way too violent while the FFB feels too light...
    Even my lagging and shaking T500RS gave me a more natural feeling than those settings.

I'm driving sometimes on track in real life.
    Here is the car list that I drove on track: VW Scirroco R, modified Toyota GT86, girlfriend's Renault Megane 3RS 275 and my Honda S2000. I also drove a 2015 Ford Mustang V8 and an Audi RS3 stage 1 on open road.
    But as you can see, no race car or supercar, so I won't affirm anything about the feeling of driving one.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I drive a lot the Megane and the S2000 IRL, and what we were expecting with the Podium PS4, was a feeling as close as a real one when driving both of them in GTSport.
    Fortunately the podium DD is completely tunable.
    I like sometimes to drift, so I setted the FFB with the Porsche 918 Rim instead of the F1 one. It took me 4 hours to find the right settings on GTSport, and 10 more to be sure they still be enjoyable with the vast majority of car and driving style ...

Here are my recommend settings if you want a "close to real" steering wheel feeling:

SEN  AUT
    FF    45
    SHO 100
    ABS 100 (better if you don't use ABS with CSV3 pedals)
    FOR 70
    SPR 80
    DPR 30
    NDP 30
    NFR 90
    BRF OFF (better if you don't use ABS with CSV3 pedals)
    FEI  50

In-Game Settings:

Those settings left my girlfriend and me completly stunned by the FFB feel. This is as close as what we experienced through the steering wheel while driving the Megane and the S2000 on open road or on track. (And she perfectly knows how her Renault feel on track too, so her feedback helped me a lot for the last tweaks)

I have never experienced a most realistic FFB before. Completely leaving in the dust my T500RS, and by a fair (huge) margin the CSW 2.0 on GT6.

I tested those settings with a lot of cars. They allow me to enjoy the game in a way I never experienced. All my inputs are smoothed, the lag is inexistent. I can drift smoother and longer than before.
    I feel through the steering wheel every charge transfer I apply to the car. I can even drive fast while sliding or drift the infamous hard to drive Amuse S2000 (the steering feel is close to the assisted steering of my real S2000). It was not the most pleasant car to drive with the T500 RS, but now, this is simply my favourite driving experience on this game.

As for race cars. Just put back the F1 Rim. The smaller diameter allows for a stronger FFB while keeping the same settings, the lightest weight allows for faster reactions, and the auto sensitivity for a shorter steering rack.
    Race car are way more sensitives than road cars, but catching slides is easier than before. Everything feel so natural, so intense, so real...

Another stunning detail. In real life, while driving a road car with moderate caster and 900+ degrees steering rack at constant pace, there is something like 20 degrees around the center where the steering will not self center.
    Sometimes, to check if tires pressure and geometry are balanced in my S2000, at 100 kph, I lightly throw the steering left or right and see how it reacts.
    All I can say is, when I'm doing it in GTSport, same thing happened: steering wheel don't stupidly bounce left or right, but try to gently self center in one or two oscillations maximum.
    You will experienced the same with those settings. This is just incredible. Really. Thanks to the Natural Friction parameter which mimics all the moving parts of the steering between the steering wheel and the road.   

Please test this game without ABS, and you will discover that cars are rotating on the brakes like IRL. The super ABS of GTSport acts more like an ESP while braking, which tone down the driving experience a lot.
    Without it, the feeling is close (and slightly better for me) to the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa.

I want to add that the FFB force is close to the one needed in the Megane and my S2000 equipped with semi-slick tires to rotate the steering wheel. And it's only about 50% of the maximum NM available in peak...

There is no overheating either, even if you play 8 hours straight. But this is not a surprise.

Last thing, the base will cutoff if the FFB force and speed are high and if the wheel doesn't detect that something is actively countering the force. It's a great safety feature even if you don't have the kill switch.

Those settings may not suit those who want to be the most competitive. They are aim to people like me who likes to make a bridge between the virtual and the reality.

Thank you so much Fanatec for this direct drive. This is what I wish to experienced since I get into virtual driving while playing the very first Gran Turismo...

If some real drivers could help to improve those settings, that would be great.
    Best regards.
    Have fun!
    I don't have the Podium yet, but I agree even on the CSL Elite. In-game settings of 5 and 1 are way too light to get a nice realistic feel. I run 5, 5 or higher depending on what I am driving in-game. I also drive an S2000 haha so maybe we are biased to a heavier steering feel?

I drive an S2000 setup very similar to the previous Amuse R1 S2000 and it is amazing driving the Amuse GT1 in-game, you really can dial it in to feel very similar to the real thing, and I'm sure it's even better on the Podium. That's awesome that it has the natural friction parameter.
  • Jim CoudroyJim Coudroy Member
    edited May 2019
    Hey. I know your S2000, how you pay attention to details and how you drive. You are a serious guy and it would be really nice to have your feedback on the Podium DD. 

The only real difference in the chassis of the Amuse GT1, is the rear train which is from a R34 GTR. So the overall driving experience VS a tuned S2000 shouldn't be too much different at low and moderate speed. And I recognize in GTS how my S2000 behave on the brakes and during slides. But with my laggy and unprecised T500, catching slides required too much anticipation. It was not natural at all.

I'm glad you like the Amuse in GTS with your CSL Elite (Would you mind sharing your CSL settings? One of my friend who drives an Exige S220 got a CSL, but struggle to like the feeling of it).

Maybe we are biased to heavier and communicative steering feel. But every sport cars I drove on track with semi slick tires required some body strength at full pace to counter steer or to move fast (faster than the assisted steering naturally allows) the steering wheel on a dry tarmac. 

This is where the two new parameters Natural damper and Natural friction, introduced with the new DD from Fanatec make this product a game changer VS previous consumer wheels. I have no clue if those parameters exists on other direct drive, but I assume those are not new in the world of sim-racing. 
    They allow a more natural and mechanical feeling of the steering wheel which make everything so real. The kind of resistance I would like to feel through a good sim racing shifter. I need to feel the mechanical resistance like in real car to get the impression I'm actually moving something. Without this, it's like playing air guitar...

I really hope the next shifter by Fanatec will provide this kind of feedback. I would love to feel the gear lever linkage resistance and gear locking like in my S2000. And you perfectly know this manual gearbox is close to perfection. It would be nice if some FFB motors could be added to the gear shifter to prevent you to engage a gear without pushing the clutch pedal, feel the vibrations of the gearbox, added FFB if you try to put a gear to neutral without pressing the clutch pedal, etc...

I hope that you will add your feedback to improve the feeling of the Podium in GTS =).
  • edited May 2019
  • I have to try, i’m Curious. Thanks
  • edited May 2019
    Hello, I have the CSL Elite Wheel Base and CSL Elite Racing wheel, and can't get negative values to the DRI? Andrew, would it be possible for you to post your settings for the CSL Elite?
  • After GT Sport Patch 1.39 29.05.19 ABS Rumble in the Pedal is doesnt work. I hope to fix it nearly.
  • yes, Brake Rumble and Throttle Rumble doesnt work after Update 1.39 , i hope for a fast fix . Thanks.
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited June 2019
    Hey. I know your S2000, how you pay attention to details and how you drive. You are a serious guy and it would be really nice to have your feedback on the Podium DD. 

The only real difference in the chassis of the Amuse GT1, is the rear train which is from a R34 GTR. So the overall driving experience VS a tuned S2000 shouldn't be too much different at low and moderate speed. And I recognize in GTS how my S2000 behave on the brakes and during slides. But with my laggy and unprecised T500, catching slides required too much anticipation. It was not natural at all.

I'm glad you like the Amuse in GTS with your CSL Elite (Would you mind sharing your CSL settings? One of my friend who drives an Exige S220 got a CSL, but struggle to like the feeling of it).

Maybe we are biased to heavier and communicative steering feel. But every sport cars I drove on track with semi slick tires required some body strength at full pace to counter steer or to move fast (faster than the assisted steering naturally allows) the steering wheel on a dry tarmac. 

This is where the two new parameters Natural damper and Natural friction, introduced with the new DD from Fanatec make this product a game changer VS previous consumer wheels. I have no clue if those parameters exists on other direct drive, but I assume those are not new in the world of sim-racing. 
    They allow a more natural and mechanical feeling of the steering wheel which make everything so real. The kind of resistance I would like to feel through a good sim racing shifter. I need to feel the mechanical resistance like in real car to get the impression I'm actually moving something. Without this, it's like playing air guitar...

I really hope the next shifter by Fanatec will provide this kind of feedback. I would love to feel the gear lever linkage resistance and gear locking like in my S2000. And you perfectly know this manual gearbox is close to perfection. It would be nice if some FFB motors could be added to the gear shifter to prevent you to engage a gear without pushing the clutch pedal, feel the vibrations of the gearbox, added FFB if you try to put a gear to neutral without pressing the clutch pedal, etc...

I hope that you will add your feedback to improve the feeling of the Podium in GTS =).
    Just got my Podium Racing Wheel today and tried out your settings. I like everything but the NFR setting seems too high at 90. 90 makes the wheel feel like it is being rotated through a clamp or something. Maybe a difference in firmware or something? I am on the latest Fanatec firmware.

SEN  AUT
    FF    45
    SHO 100
    ABS Off (NA for CLS Elite Pedals LC)
    FOR 70
    SPR 80
    DPR 30
    NDP 30
    NFR 30
    BRF 40 (CLS Elite Pedals LC)
    FEI  50

In-Game Settings:

These settings worksd well foor me so far on GTS 1.39.

I also tried the recommended settings from Fanatec and found them to work well also. Using them as a base I came up with:

In-Game settings:

FFB Max Torque 5

FFB Sens 1

FFB 40

SHO 100

ABS Off

FOR 80

SPR 100

DPR 100

NDP 25

NFR 5

BRF 40

FEI 70

It's a pretty amazing difference compared to the CSL Elite Base. The fine detail and speed at which the wheel can respond, and just the overall strength and build quality of the DD setup is amazing.

Setting the FF to 100% is hilarious. It's amazing the amount of power this base has.The magnetic shifters on the new Podium shifter module is amazing. Another nice thing with the new wheel is that it has a joystick that can be used for look around and allow you to set other buttons to something else.

I agree it would be amazing to have a shifter that actually resists putting into gear if it detects a mis-shift. Really looking forward to what Fanatec comes up with for Podium pedals and Podium shifter.
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited July 2019
    General Notes:
    - The settings below are considered to be reasonable baseline values for Gran Turismo Sport (PS4). They might not suit all tastes and driving styles, but they are a good starting point. Bear in mind that GT Sport uses a dynamic physics engine covering a broad range of cars and tracks, meaning that these settings might not be 'optimal' for every possible driving scenario.

- Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for all Fanatec devices.

Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN AUT
    FF 40
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    NDP 25
    NFR 5
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 70

In-Game Settings:

Tuning Menu Settings:
    SEN AUT
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    DRI -03
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 040

In-Game Settings:

Right, so these settings for the dd1, all of them, are unsustainable. However i did try a crazy ivan last night that was a pretty good step. Try the recommend dd1 settings, but invert the in-game settings, so 1 ffb/ 5 ffb sensitivity. This is certainly with the t-key inserted, because all other settings posts it says"the t-key is assumed to be used" And it would be my preference to not be pulling the t-key in and out all the time. This is the closest i have gotten a feeling close to my csl elite. *update* i also tried as written above without t-key and it was too weak, had to adjust in game settings to ffb7 / ffb sensitivity 7 also. These are maybe a lil better if not the same .
  • lee edwardslee edwards Member
    edited July 2019

• lee edwardslee edwards Member
    edited July 2019
    • Hi I've got a CSL Elite PS4, noticed recently noticed that when I come from a corner on to a straight my wheel is still at an angle but slowly then centres after a little wiggle of the wheel I've done the centre calibration many times but this still happens I play GT sport and F1 2019.
    Can someone help me with this matter
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited July 2019
    • Hi I've got a CSL Elite PS4, noticed recently noticed that when I come from a corner on to a straight my wheel is still at an angle but slowly then centres after a little wiggle of the wheel I've done the centre calibration many times but this still happens I play GT sport and F1 2019.
    Can someone help me with this matter
    Try cleaning the optical sensor wheel, there is a video on it somewhere. You need a can of air with some tape on the straw as to limit its insertion(about 14mm) into the holes for static shifter, from there you can blow any dust from the optical sensor wheel, obviously its round so u have to turn the wheel while u blow!
  • When will the dd1 wheel be added to the game? Like in the game f1 2019. Greetings René
  • edited November 2019

This subject deserves proper, definitive input from Fanatec and Polyphony Digital, seeing as only a subset of the Fanatec API appears to be used in GT Sport.

I think there is a lot of confusion from users so here is my attempt to clear things up.

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN AUT // Adjusts steering limits for each car, automatically

FF 100 // I believe this controls torque gain AND clipping limit, so should be left at maximum.

SHO ... // No effect

ABS ... // No effect

DRI -02 // Adds some damping to the steering

FOR 50 // General FF gain. User preference.

SPR ... // No effect

DPR ... // No effect

BRF ... // Sets full-scale brake pedal load (or displacement. User preference

FEI 60 // For me, this value is enough for adequate vibrational cueing but not enough to induce loud knocking noises.

In-Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 5 // I've yet to try a trade-off between this and FOR on the wheel. For now, this works.

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 10 // I believe this is somewhat analogous to steering column torsional stiffness. The higher, the better, subject to achieving adequate wheel stability (achievable with assistance of negative DRI).

• These are the settings i use for GTS on CSL Elite for PS4.

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN personal preference i have mine on 40 , maybe less if it's an F1 type car.

FF 100

SHO this setting is only for Clubsport wheels

ABS 100

DRI -05 this reduces oscillation for normal racing, 1 - 5 is for Drifting the wheel responds faster.

FOR 90

SPR this pulls the wheel to the centre, i have mine set on 90

DPR this i'm unsure of, can't tell any difference

BRF 30

FEI turn off or you could experience clipping.

In-Game settings

FFB Max Torque 3

FFB Sensitivity 4

Always best to lower In-game settings and have your wheel settings such as FFB higher

• Hello

Has someone a good setting with driver 352 ?

Podium Wheel Base DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1® PS4™

Thats my Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN Auto

FF 45

LIN ON

NDP 25

NFR 005

NIN 20

INT 02

FEI 60

FOR 100

SPR 90

DPR 80

ABS Off

SHO 100

BRF 40

In Game 2 - 5 - 5

ABS schwach

• I am back to 346

It is better

• PC driver> 356.

Wheel base firmware> 670.

Wheel base motor firm ware> 38.

Steering wheel firmware> 28.

Hallo people,

I'm now using the Podium DD F1 sinds 8-12-2019 and come up whit the following FFB settings for GT sport and hope there are users ho can give it a go and give there opinion of these settings.

My settings are:

In game:

Max force> 2.

Sensitive force> 10. (In my opinion The weight from the beginning of steering is important).

Podium DD F1:

SEN> Auto.

FFB> 100.

LIN> On. (On because of the 100% FFB setting).

NDP> 40.

NFR> 5.

NIN>35.

INT> 8/10 user prefrence for detail. (In my opiniun not lower than 8, higher is les detail but rounded force).

FEI> 60/70 user prefrence for intensivity (In my opinion not lower than 60 or higher then 70).

FOR>100.

SPR>100.

DPR>100.

ABS>On.

SHO>100.

Thank you if you are going to try these settings.

I hope that you give me your opinion after trying them out.

Keep it up Fanatec!!

• So since yesterday i`m back to driver 335.

It`s the best ever i played.

The LC Pedals of my Podium DD1 PS4 are set manually.

Keep it up Fanatec!!

• Why did you downgrade from v346 to v335? I just downgraded from v347 to v346 and really feel a positive difference. I just need a new stable version that supports the BME so I can mount my Porsche wheel with all buttons and display working.

• Centering centered back and forth

Now it is gone, perfect

• Hi

Im looking for a setting on gt sport for my elite f1 wheel / v3 pedals

• Will these recommended settings be updated for the new tuning menu settings in Driver 352 and I'm assuming whatever drivers they make now and in the future?

• Michael SalasMichael Salas Member
    edited May 2020

Nevermind I found under the beta drivers thread what settings to use. Just your regular settings you had in the previous driver with a little tweak to LIN, NIN, INT. With INT being the most prominent. I see why people want INT lower than 6 (for a sharper FFB) but I put mine at 20 for testing and it feels pretty damn good.

• edited May 2020

Hi, I have just installed last drivers v365. All its ok at the moment. i have just have a problem configuring SHIFTER i followed steps and all working.

Could you update recommended settings for last driver v365? There are parameters without any configuration

what Brake force BRF do you use with v3 pedals or it is recommended? im a bit lost with this, Thank you very much

• I have made a Google sheet with all settings for the Podium Racing Wheel F1 and the various games I play, including Gran Turismo Sport, which you can use as a good baseline. It will be changed on an ongoing basis when I finetune the Podium Racing Wheel F1 and in game settings and learn more from forum posts: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sYwv8pkPGyHkVfeFljGt_DEa8VtBfzStwQdu4G9ey5I/edit?usp=sharing