DD2 and BMW Wheel

Not sure if this is normal but when my DD2 is on with no games running, if I hold the wheel, i can feel the motors in the wheel slightly turning.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Those are not the rim vibration motors. What you feel is the DD motor itself and is intended. Those are the anti cogging filters which permanently work against cogging and the filters produce this slight vibration feeling.
  • Sounds good to me....
  • This is strange....I got two windows updates last night....one was an update to windows 10 pro ver 1909 and the other one is for netframework 3.5. When I went into iracing, all my controls had to be reset for the wheel.....my v3i pedals think the clutch is always half applied and crewcheif will not bind any of the functions to the BME yet all buttons worked in iRacing. I am unable to open the Fanatec wheel properties page anymore. it locks up and I get two errors in the usb page in device manager....both for the wheel. I uninstalled the drivers....rebooted....reinstalled the drivers....rebooted again but I am still not able to go into the Fanatec wheel Property page.

• Thats because cou ALWAYS have to re-install the Fanatec driver after a big windows update every half a year!

• I already did that...it was a minor windows update

• these are the two updates from last night

• Hey Maurice. I installed the drivers again and was having problems still, deleted them and reinstalled them for a 3rd time and all if fine now. For some reason, the display on the BME still does not show live info. I have only tried it in a practice session in iRacing....by any chance is it only ment for when in an actual race? Its not that big of a deal since I am in VR anyway but it would be nice if I could get it working at some point. When I reinstalled the drivers, I also uninstalled and reinstalled fanalabs as well and I also enabled the ITM by clicking on the enable_ITM.reg file. ITM showes up on the desplay on the BME. Legacy mode does function on the BME, just not ITM mode.

Steve