FEI Function - CSWv2 Base

Running the above base and just did a long overdue firmware update (now FW627 and Driver 328) - but still not getting any options for FEI function on the wheel?

Comments

• At the beginning , FEI is for CSLE PS4 resolving the Problem of Shock Resonance. then csw v2.5 got it, maybe csle ps4 and csw v2.5 use same accessories.
  • So basically your saying it’s not available for Cswv2? Do you know if it will be implemented eventually? Also noticed after I updated my firmware my base Now boots up into PC mode initially (before it used To boot up into x box mode (power button would be green)) then You would need to switch it into pc mode(red) - is this new feature of latest Firmware?
  • CSW v2 uses a completely different motor than the CSL E PS4 and CSW v2.5 and therefore it's not possible to add FEI to the CSW v2 as this is a feature of the new motor. Regarding mode: yes its a new feature (already implemented a long time ago however) that the Base now remembers the latest used mode.
  • Maurice thanks for the reply was unaware of this....and assume the FEI can never come to v2 then? Does the new FEI mode work across Xbox and pc games? Do you think there is enough benefit to justify upgrading From the v2 to the v2.5 base?(main improvement seems to be Addition of this new mode)
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Maurice thanks for the reply was unaware of this....and assume the FEI can never come to v2 then? Does the new FEI mode work across Xbox and pc games? Do you think there is enough benefit to justify upgrading From the v2 to the v2.5 base?(main improvement seems to be Addition of this new mode)
    There are no plans to bring the FEI mode to the V2 base. Regarding the use of FEI, it works independently of platform, so will have an impact on all games. The main improvement between the V2 and V2.5 is not the FEI mode, it is the new motor and motor electronics. This hardware provides a significant performance improvement in several ways, most notably the ability to have more control over the electronic static damper (which results in the more advanced Drift Mode).