The new CLASSIC Wheel Rim for your ClubSport Wheel

13»

Comments

• Ist natürlich alles Geschmackssache. Mein Ding ist es nicht, fürchterlicher Braunton. Und ehrlich gesagt: Was sollte ich mit einem Lenkradkranz ohne Knöpfe für eine Konsole??? Ich meine, bis jetzt weiß noch keiner ob das CSW kompatibel sein wird zur PS4. Da mache ich mir mit Sicherheit keine Gedanken über neue Wheelrims, sondern eher über neue Hardware. Wenn Sony und die Spieleschmieden es bei der PS4 ebenfalls versauen und mein heißgeliebtes CSW-Equipment nicht läuft, werde ich mir wohl eher einen neuen Gamer-PC kaufen. Vom CSW werde ich mich jedenfalls nicht mehr trennen.
    Thomas, ihr habt mit dem ganzen CSW-Sortiment das Geilste auf die Beine gestellt, was es jemals gab. Das CSW ist nochmal eine andere Liga als das CSR-E. Bitte, macht die Klamotten kompatibel zur PS4. Meinetwegen auch durch Umbaumaßnahmen. Bin gerne bereit, dafür was hinzublättern. Hauptsache es funzt und die Kompatibilität zur PS3 bleibt ebenfalls erhalten (habe jetzt noch Grid Autosport vorbestellt).
    Ich hoffe, dass bald etwas positives von euch kommt und wir im Herbst Project Cars mit dem CSW auf der PS4 zocken können. Vielleicht schafft es Logitech ja auch mit den Treibern für die PS4. Bin gespannt, kaufe die PS4 aber erst dann, wenn es sicher ist.
    :-?
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Guys,

You might not like the rim or how the company is developing the wheels, that is ok I dont like clasic cars either, and i preffer the porsche one, but that is life, let's wait im sure we will have new products in the future for sure, if you dont like it in the moment ok dont buy it, no one force you into it!!!

Another silly topic i'm tired of hearing is to launch a CSW QR Package, really guys you are expeckting that?

Its impossible they can launch something like that, imagine you invent your own wheel that weigts more that the actual GT2 RIM and breaks your motors, or the own wheel you created its not balanced for turning properly, would you expect fanatec covering that under warranty?

Of course not, so they will not take the risk to let users create and experiment with their bases under warranty, its not worth it.

If they do launch this, expect the service center full of wheels!!!

Please listen to this for next developments http://f-wheel.com/top-voted-csw-wheel-rims

So what your saying is that the motors are not good enough to meet our demands and the fact there are QR  wheel plate + Shift paddlle  units available for the G27 is suggesting that the much lower costing G27 is a better product than my CSW? Your not sounding too logical there.
  • Mark MedeirosMark Medeiros Member
    edited May 2014
    The motors of the CSW are the same or similar as used in millions of FF wheels. There was a large batch of bad motors which caused big problems but with the latest motors those issues are gone.

Think about it. We are using the same motor on the Porsche wheels with 2,5 A and we use 2 of those motors in the CSW at 5A. The application is the same and stall is stall - no matter how you achieve it.

The problem was a wrong soldering method and wire shielding which was not suitable for high temperature. Only a limited amount of motors were affected but we are still talking about hundreds of wheels and even replacement motors had the issue as it took us too long to find out the root cause.

And it occurs ore likely if you race very  often and so does the very vocal and influential minority of opinion leaders. That is the reason why you read so often about the issue.

If a motor is replaced now or if you purchase a CSW new and don't overclock your FOR or SPR power above 100 then you will be just fine.  No engine will last forever and it always depends how you treat it. No matter if it is a real car or one of our wheels. But our products are designed for heavy use and the motor itself is fit for the purpose.

I really hope this is actually true.  All I know is that I have gone through 2 motors in 1 1/2 years.  And from my experience it is PRIMARILY due to the game you play.  For almost the entire first year I owned the CSW, I only played F1 2012.  No problems whatsoever.  1 hour races, plus qualifying........ no issues.

I started playing GT5, in anticipation of GT6...... motors overheated in less than an hour and were pretty much destroyed after that. 

Got the first replacement motors (apparently "V2" motors), played F1 2013 for a few months after it came out......... no problem.  Played GT6 for a few weeks after Christmas and the burning smell returned and motors cooked again.  Bought my brother the Porsche GT3 wheel for Christmas and he plays GT6 with no problems, so it's an issue inherent with the CSW.

So, in my little experience, both motors were cooked by the game.  I can play for hours with F1 and Assetto Corsa with no problems.  Unless this is a complete coincedence I think it's useful to advise CSW users to stay away from GT5 and GT6 or at least turn down the FFB, FOR and SPR.  I was using 100 for each and 6 in game setting.

Now I just received my 3rd set of motors (after a 2 month wait of back and forth with customer service) and I will not touch GT5 or GT6 again, unless it's really low FFB settings.  And I will lower the FFB, FOR and SPR to 80 for F1 and Assetto Corsa.  (BTW, I have never had ANY setting over 100 in my wheel).

Having said all that, other than the motors, the CSW has been an awesome product.  But I would rather pay more money for the base with better motors.  Or be given the opportunity to replace the existing motors with more powerful motors that can handle more demands, so I can play GT6 again, without worrying about destroying the motors.

I think anyone can understand that it is quite concerning for me as a user to have to worry about whether or not playing a game at regular settings will cook the motors.  

So, you can call me and others who have had these problems....vocal, minority, opinionated, etc, etc...  But time will tell whether these problems persist and your post is proven correct.  Being a Fanatec fan, I'm pulling for you. 
  • Im not trying to be rude here but if its not good for the wheel then shouldnt you remove the ability to go over 100 on FOR and SPR with a firmware update for the CSW? Also will there be a replacement for the CSR Elite wheel? I wanted to buy that wheel but it was removed from your store before I could buy it so I bought the standard CSR instead.
  • As several people mentioned already, I would as well suggest to build a QR-Hub with the basic switches for setups and additional rev- and number- LEDs, where everybody could fit the very special wheel of his own taste on. I would even renounce a vibration-engine in that. If this one is done in a good quality, I would pay a price up to 250 € for it! Combined with an additional shifter-paddles-unit at the back of the wheel and some kind of a "knob-Box", both to be hooked at the base and adressed to the back-side-connector, this would be the ultimate solution. Much better than single wheels, where each single model will only fit the taste of several people and force the majority ot the others, not interested in this special one, to blame it!

I´m mostly driving classic cars, so the wheel, causing this thread, would usually be quite interesting for me. But the price just for this single one is too high indeed!

I moreover would have liked something with a wooden rim though for the classical style. And please do not polish the aluminium with this poor technique, that roundens up the edges so badly and erratic (caused of the direction of the brush) I didn´t like this already at the pedal-plates of the CSP (where you could detect notches like shapes of the holes in brushing direction) This kind of polishing makes the aluminium-parts look cheap and imprecise done.

So after the various reactions at this thread it seems to be clear, that this would happen the same time at every other release of a further unique wheel. The ones, that would be the target-group of it, will at least dislike details, they would have wished in an other appearance, the ones that are not interested in this type of wheel at all, will blame you for not having done the one, they wanted and at least for it´s price, they can not comprehend. Something like a general hub for other manufacturers wheels would stop this. I´m sure, you could sell this one to everybody, already owning a CSW-base! And you will have more power for all the other content, the community is waiting hardly for: the handbrake, maybe a better engine-solution, that will allow us to use wheels with larger diameters - or even a linear-engine base?

• Drew DuncanDrew Duncan Member
    edited May 2014
    I have been waiting 18 months for a new "basic" round wheel (did we vote for this wheel?). I'm deeply sorry Thomas but in no way would I be willing to part with $350 for a wheel as simple as this (is it Gold plated somewhere? is it even a licensed wheel?). I would sooner use duct-tape to attach a plastic Frisbee to my Formula rim than to drop $350 on a "basic" wheel. I guess that heavy BMW rim I was intentionally avoiding is looking that much more attractive.

Sorry Fanatec, I get that this rim is supposed to scream quality (is that leather top grain? is the leather sourced from cold climates where leather isn't pock marked with tick-bite imperfections?) but a sim racing wheel of this caliber should never exceed the cost of a real wheel, especially not a Nardi wheel.

Please, for the sake of your loyal fans, release a simple wheel that is round and more affordable than the Formula rim. Release a 70/74mm adapter so we can pick our own aftermarket MOMO/ Sparco/ Nardi wheels (the ones we actually race with and have familiarity with). Sell us some new, stronger motors to put into the CSW so we don't drop your product(s) when the Accuforce wheel comes out. 

Where is that Handbrake you showcased years ago back in 2011? 
    Where is that Porsche 918 rim we have seen pictures of? 
    http://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/1yw8u8/can_we_expect_new_wheels_this_year/

tl:dr; I get that we paid a premium for our CSW's but $350 is far too steep for a wheel as simple as this one.
  • I keep checking back to see if this is some sort of joke........it really is not a joke? Really? Unless that thing is wrapped with baby Unicorn hide I don't understand the price of this......Thomas help!......why soo much?

It seems the vast majority of people feel the same way.
  • edited May 2014
    The motors of the CSW are the same or similar as used in millions of FF wheels. There was a large batch of bad motors which caused big problems but with the latest motors those issues are gone.

Think about it. We are using the same motor on the Porsche wheels with 2,5 A and we use 2 of those motors in the CSW at 5A. The application is the same and stall is stall - no matter how you achieve it.

The problem was a wrong soldering method and wire shielding which was not suitable for high temperature. Only a limited amount of motors were affected but we are still talking about hundreds of wheels and even replacement motors had the issue as it took us too long to find out the root cause.

And it occurs ore likely if you race very  often and so does the very vocal and influential minority of opinion leaders. That is the reason why you read so often about the issue.

If a motor is replaced now or if you purchase a CSW new and don't overclock your FOR or SPR power above 100 then you will be just fine.  No engine will last forever and it always depends how you treat it. No matter if it is a real car or one of our wheels. But our products are designed for heavy use and the motor itself is fit for the purpose.

I really hope this is actually true.  All I know is that I have gone through 2 motors in 1 1/2 years.  And from my experience it is PRIMARILY due to the game you play.  For almost the entire first year I owned the CSW, I only played F1 2012.  No problems whatsoever.  1 hour races, plus qualifying........ no issues.

I started playing GT5, in anticipation of GT6...... motors overheated in less than an hour and were pretty much destroyed after that. 

Got the first replacement motors (apparently "V2" motors), played F1 2013 for a few months after it came out......... no problem.  Played GT6 for a few weeks after Christmas and the burning smell returned and motors cooked again.  Bought my brother the Porsche GT3 wheel for Christmas and he plays GT6 with no problems, so it's an issue inherent with the CSW.

So, in my little experience, both motors were cooked by the game.  I can play for hours with F1 and Assetto Corsa with no problems.  Unless this is a complete coincedence I think it's useful to advise CSW users to stay away from GT5 and GT6 or at least turn down the FFB, FOR and SPR.  I was using 100 for each and 6 in game setting.

Now I just received my 3rd set of motors (after a 2 month wait of back and forth with customer service) and I will not touch GT5 or GT6 again, unless it's really low FFB settings.  And I will lower the FFB, FOR and SPR to 80 for F1 and Assetto Corsa.  (BTW, I have never had ANY setting over 100 in my wheel).

Having said all that, other than the motors, the CSW has been an awesome product.  But I would rather pay more money for the base with better motors.  Or be given the opportunity to replace the existing motors with more powerful motors that can handle more demands, so I can play GT6 again, without worrying about destroying the motors.

I think anyone can understand that it is quite concerning for me as a user to have to worry about whether or not playing a game at regular settings will cook the motors.  

So, you can call me and others who have had these problems....vocal, minority, opinionated, etc, etc...  But time will tell whether these problems persist and your post is proven correct.  Being a Fanatec fan, I'm pulling for you. 
    <br/

I am in the same situation. I have burnt 3 bases and 2 sets of motors playing GT5/6. Now I play GT6 with FF 60 and For 80.
    With this last pair of motors I have lost my guarantee because I wanted to change them by myself, and Fanatec told me they tested the motors. After 30 minutes playing the force starts decreasing, so please pay more attention to give better motors and technical support. Lots of us are waiting for it.
  • I MIGHT consider buying this only because I've been waiting for a wheel with this diameter for a while, and it's been so long since you guys released a rim, which we were promised several in the first couple years..yet this is the first new one almost two years after relase... but no buttons isn't exactly a selling point, the price is ridiculous for a wheel with no functionality, and i can't really think of any game this styling is appropriate for. anodize it black, give it a black rubber grip, add at least a button for radio and  a couple others for alternative functions, and market it as a nascar rim. people have been waiting for YEARS for the new rims, and this was probably at the top of nobody's wish list. 

Also, If this thing costs $350, what in the world will the price tag be on the complete F1 rim???
  • Looks really beautiful! When can we pre-order?
  • 350€!!!!!! Are you serious!!!
    The CSW is also too expensive for a "controler".
    You may think about that we are not Bill Gate with a lot of million lol
    :-h
  • Way too pricey for what you get. This is so plain I can't see how the price is justified when other cheaper rims offer so much more?
  • Maybe a great mistake from Fanatec. The prices in  general are very too hight. But people continu to buy.....so Fanatec continu to sell with big price lol
  • I'll wait for the lightweight Rally rim  :))
  • Ryan HammRyan Hamm Member
    edited May 2014
    After looking at the picture of the GT rim I'm going to assume all the buttons are on top of the black thing on top of the wheel hub.
  • Price is a bit on the steep side  :ar! .
    249€ would have been more appropriate. But it looks very nice.
    For 349€ i expect 2 working classic dials (Speed and RPM) to mount on the wheel base to be included. ;)

Maybe i'll get it. For those classic cruises coming up in The Crew B-) 
  • And you should make one with Wooden rim and 30cm diameter.

That would be a classic  B-)