Why does nothing work..?

I've just bought a new PS4 and PS4 CSLElite wheelbase and BMW Wheel.

Can somebody please tell me how to make it work.

How do I 'Update the drivers'..?

And why did it not come with a manual.?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    You can download the manuals on the product "Downloads" page. Have you installed the latest driver for your product from the same "Downloads" page as the manuals?

• There is not a manual for the PS4 version, and I can not update the drivers, as I do not have a PC
  • Is there anyone from Fanatic that can explain why they do not sell products that are ready to use.?
  • Lol, would you buy a car without knowing how to drive it? I had never updated firmware and drivers before I got my fanatec gear and I thought it was pretty easy to be honest.
  • Thanks for your completely unhelpful dribble. 

I don't have a PC, and I'm not a computer nerd.
  • Toby, you NEED a pc to update to the latest Firmware to ensure maximum compatibility with the latest Fanatec Wheels and Game Features. Please ask a friend with a PC or Laptop (Winodws) and make a Firmware update.
    The CSL Elite Wheel Base+ and the CSL Elite Racing Wheel for PS4 both have a Quickguide on their webshop page, the Racing Wheel does even have the full manual - if you need guidance through installing everything this should be your first route.
  • Steven WrightSteven Wright Member
    edited June 2019

This is on the product page on the store...

Special Notes

• IMPORTANT: Before use, please connect the product to a PC, download the latest driver and then update the firmware of the wheel. This assures latest compatibilities and newest features.

and if you was on a bundle page, in bold it also states:

• Please check the product description sites of the contained products for detailed information about individual compatibilities.

Which would take you back to the first one.

So yes, you need a PC or access to one at least and the store tells you so, quite clearly.  Nothing to do with being a computer nerd, more about being an informed consumer.  Fanatec didn't bury this info, it's there for all to see prior to purchase.
  • Thanks for your completely unhelpful dribble. 

I don't have a PC, and I'm not a computer nerd.
    Your welcome
  • Is there anyone from Fanatic that can explain why they do not sell products that are ready to use.?
    Fanatec gear is ready for use when you buy it. However, Fanatec constantly improves firmware and PC drivers to give their hardware the best performance and and feature support, so to make sure that your hardware keeps on working optimally, you should upgrade firmware and driver periodically.