Xbox One Compatibility FAQ and Poll

124»

Comments

• I wonder if this would let the CSR wheel work with the XBONE?

http://www.neowin.net/news/cronusmax-lets-you-use-your-xbox-360-controller-on-the-xbox-one

Of course it will work
  • Have just returned a Thrustmaster TX wheel, very nice product with a lot of problems, I have enjoyed the CSR wheel I purchased years ago and can only hope someday it will work with the Xbox1.
  • Have just returned a Thrustmaster TX wheel, very nice product with a lot of problems, I have enjoyed the CSR wheel I purchased years ago and can only hope someday it will work with the Xbox1.
    Look at the post directly above yours...
  • Microsoft is a bunch of money grubbing buggers... But unfortunately I like their system. However, I really only do racing games so I won't be switching to the XboxOne until you release a wheel for it. 

@Fanatec, Please though allow the new wheels to be compatible with previously released pedals, and shifters. A $500 console and spending another $400 is quite alot of money to spend. 

Forza Motorsports CSR Wheel, CSR Pedals, CSR shifter set. 
  • After giving it some thought. I am going to forgo getting either a PS4 or an Xbone. Both aren't worth the money and there are clearly better racing experiences on PC.

Going PC will allow me to utilize the gear indicator function on the CSR, and then replace the basic pedals with the CSPV2's, buy a CSS, then get the CSW and one of the wheels available for it. I'd most likely spring for the BMW rim. I believe the CSS with the base CSR pedals are better than anything offered for the PS4 and the Xbone. On top of that, I can do triple screens with out buying more consoles and copies of the game I want to play. Oculus is looking far better than Sony's PM even with the Facebook backing, and P CARS will be better looking on the PC, the PC has iRacing, and Assetto Corsa looks like it will give me what I want, when it comes to that solo car and driving experience.

There is no reason to pester Fanatec to make anything for either of the systems. The third option packs more than enough content, to keep me content, and I don't have to buy what I consider to be a lesser product, just to use a wheel and pedal; in order to play one or two games. I'm just gonna say screw them both. PC here I come!

• Microsoft is a bunch of money grubbing buggers... But unfortunately I like their system. However, I really only do racing games so I won't be switching to the XboxOne until you release a wheel for it. 

@Fanatec, Please though allow the new wheels to be compatible with previously released pedals, and shifters. A $500 console and spending another $400 is quite alot of money to spend. 

Forza Motorsports CSR Wheel, CSR Pedals, CSR shifter set. 
    Here you go buddy

• Why can't we the Fanatec user's use the USB port on the Xbox One
  • I hope it's just a wheel base for pc, xbox and ps4 one something like forza elite and my ClubSport Pedals V2 US be compatible
  • This is utterly and completely Microsoft's fault. There is no reason they couldn't have made the XBone backward-compatible, they just chose not to to try to screw more money out of people.

It's pretty simple. No backwards-compatibility, no sale. I don't own one and I won't be buying one unless and until they change their stance.
  • Of course it's not Fanatec's fault. If MS had any sense they would see that allowing wheel manufactures to build for their console would sell more consoles.

Racing games on Xbox One will be dead from release for this reason (compared to 360 anyway). On 360 you would play poor racing games because the wheel made it fun.

• Wow, in the market for a wheel and ran across this page. I'll tell you, the employee(s) of Fanatec who is fielding some of these complaints (Thomas Jackermeier) is nothing but defensive and a little belligerent. How about sucking it up and realizing that people are upset because they like(d) your products. 

After seeing Thomas' defensive responses here, I'd be very reluctant to buy one of Fanatec's wheels. 
  • I'll make one point here and leave it at that, my 911 turbo s wheel and pedals cost far more than the Xbox 360 elite and all the games I played on it, Some effort by Fanatec to aggresssively pursue some kind of adaptor to enable it's continued use on Xbox 1 even at let's say £100 would appeal to all of your 360/PS3 customers who have invested heavily in Fanatec hardware which in my case is in perfect working order after 5 years of use, I love my turbo s but I would have to think twice before investing that amount of cash on a high quality game controller that can't be upgraded to extend it's usable life.