Formula V2 issue and something else.

Tonight I switched on my wheel base and my force feedback felt weird, there was a heavy centring force and at a certain rotation of the wheel it went light and pulled the wheel in that direction. After fiddling with the modes on the base I discovered that the wheel base in XBOX mode felt the same as it did when I switched it on but the screen was displaying Comp V2.5 mode so there appears to be some sort of bug in the firmware, the wheel base was not in XBOX mode when it was switched off last. I also discovered that when I switched on the wheel base the torque confirmation screen flashed the two different confirmation messages, either as the linked video shows it displays the confirmation message you get when the wheel base is on and attach a wheel rim, then displays the normal confirmation you get when you switch on the base displays that screen with no text or icons. Or it displays both confirmations and the normal one looks normal, but either way I have to press a button twice before the confirmation goes away. This only happens with my new Formula v2 rim I had on Monday, it does not happen after many tests with my other two rims, a McLaren GT3 and a Universal Hub for Xbox One. So it appears my formula V2 rim is dodgy.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Gavin, please contact support about this issue. It is possible that your V2 wheel is faulty, but our team can assist with some troubleshooting procedures first.
  • Huib TomHuib Tom Member
    edited September 2019
    The same problem with my DD2. Must first press the buttons twice before the white screens disappear.